Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

LOOKING FOR MR. SUN


Mr. Sun has gone MIA

Seriously in hiding. And I have been told that rain and thunder is coming:


My limping-along-garden is doing its best to put its best face forward in some beds to cheer me up …

Pretty, colorful, variegated leaves showing on the Painted Mountain corn stalks.

But it is losing the battle in others, as Mr. Sun continues hiding his face from us:


Even though I have not started to be affected by creeping crud on my outer extremities as my poor lettuce has, I am nonetheless feeling the down-slide effects of the perpetual gray days.

WE NEED SUNSHINE!

After I pulled all my ruined lettuce – lettuce can do without harsh sunlight, but it still NEEDS some sunlight for healthy growth – I gathered some miner’s lettuce, purslane, violas, and nasturtium leaves/flowers to add to the sparse gleaned lettuce leaves to make a spicy, healthy, and nutritious skimpy salad for Supper.

This will be my last salad for a few weeks, until the seedlings re-sown in the gleaned bed sprouts and starts putting out greens again …


Hopefully, Mr. Sun will sort out whatever sent him into a full-blown snit and get with the program ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment