Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, May 30, 2019

MY FLOORS ARE PRETTY, OH SO PRETTY

Last night I went to sleep thinking that this morning I really needed to further document what took place in the park office yesterday morning because Candy will twist the situation to her own ends if I don’t keep her straight. She has a problem with realities, so she needs to be reminded of them.

So, this morning, I drafted another letter to her and drove into town to mail it … NO WAY was I going to go through another morning with her mental instability like I went through 2 days ago! (http://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/05/retirement-was-short-lived.html)

May 30th, 2019

                
Candice Scott
Manager
Heron Pointe Park


I came to the Heron Pointe Office May 28th, 2019 to assure you my Space Rent money had been paid and that if, there was any problem with it not showing up as you said it had not recently, to please let me know and I will have my Bank sort it out – I personally talked to a representative at Red Canoe Credit Union face-to-face yesterday while in town; and was told “yes, Mrs. Hargand, your payment has been sent out.” I asked that since I had paid the rent on May 23rd, would you receive it by the 1st of June because the Park Manager is very picky about it being in her hands when it is due the 1st of every month and she has sent out messages that rent is to be paid before the weekend because she hates working the weekends. The woman at Red Canoe Credit Union told me that Heron Pointe also has an account with Red Canoe and that you should be familiar with the way the Bank operates, “and Heron Pointe will get it when they get it.” So you should receive it shortly, weekend or not.

While I was in the Office, May 28th, you also made it very clear to me that any further face-to-face meetings with you would be met with volatile hostility emanating from you – which, of course, makes me defensive. It is simply impossible for the 2 of us to be in the same room at the same time for any reason or for any length of time.

You shouted at me the other day that I am the “only person in Park making demands”. You know that is a lie. Apparently Ron Cook has been making demands and complaining because I have letters from you to me confirming those facts. The complaining started before your August visit to our home on his behalf … which ended tragically for us. You told both my husband and myself that he had made several complaints to you about us: we did not know that he was complaining to you, as well as complaining to us – we were simply trying to get along with a cantankerous neighbor, doing what we could to calm him down and stay out of his way. When I asked you to bring Ron over so we could sort the matter out, you refused – which gave Ron a clear license to continue to harass and malign us. Specifically me; for whatever reason he thought he had. And you continued to take up his cause, turning a deaf ear to me, and accusing me on May 28th, 2019 of forcing Ron to sell his house. Your words were, “YOU are the reason Ron is selling his house!” I reminded you then – and I remind you today – that Ron was talking to us of selling eventually his house as soon as we moved into our house. And our neighbors, here on Pheasant Lane also knew that Ron would be selling his house, because he had talked to them about it before we even moved to Heron Pointe. So your hostile accusation the other day was not factual. It was intended to add injury to insult. It was childish, but it was not factual.

In a letter from you to me on August 29th, 2018, you insisted on written plans for landscaping already cleared by the previous manager, Roberta Rhodes: you further insisted, in the same letter, that Ron be given “enough set-back distance from your side boundaries so that he may use that portion of his property without causing damage to your plants.” Obviously Ron had been complaining and you were making insistences on his behalf. WE were not complaining … we knew that we were not infringing on Ron’s property in any way. But you did not know that because you never bothered to check it out as we had asked you to do in that fateful meeting you made to our home in August. You simply took Ron’s complaints to heart because “he has been here longer.” We found out later that Ron and his family had not been in his home for very long at all. And already he was talking to the people on Pheasant Lane about eventually selling and moving. I was in NO WAY implicated in those talks because we had not yet moved to Heron Pointe.

So, my husband, though being told he was dying, submitted a landscaping plan to you that you could personally sign off on to keep you off my back and to shut Ron Cook up. I drew up the plan already agreed to by Roberta Rhodes, we signed it, Bob in severe pain but wanting to make sure I would not be the main focus of your spite after he was dead, personally submitted it to you in the Office so you could “officially” put your signature on it. You did so September 20th, 2018 … with an insistence that we give Ron Cook a foot of our property because he was afraid of my tomatoes and apples. To keep the peace, we did so. Bob went back into ER and never came back home alive again.

You sent me a letter dated December 19th, 2018 stating that you had “written a letter to Mr. Cook” in which you said you “reminded him to make sure nothing of his encroaches on your property.” In same said letter, you said that the picture I submitted concerning the disputed bricks Ron had run complaining to you about, “does not show exactly where the property line is because it was taken at the wrong angle. It does look like a typical lot divider found around the community.” Again, taking Ron’s complaints as gospel and refusing evidence otherwise. I let it go – what was the point: you were taking Ron’s side no matter what.

Remembering that previous letter mentioned, and knowing that you needed a picture showing clear boundary lines, I came to the Office May 28th, 2019 to show you a picture I had taken that morning of clear evidence that he had recently sprayed Round-Up on his property – and up to the boundary line where overspray was clearly shown to be on my property, damaging my property with a toxin I did not authorize and was not aware of until I was watering my garden that morning, would you please talk to Ron about it: you went ballistic, accusing me of forcing Ron to sell his house and flat out refusing to talk to him about the overspray because he was moving in 2 weeks and everyone in the Park is complaining about my window blinds being up and they feel spied on. You also brought up an insinuation that because my friend David, and I, had in January 2019 moved my planter boxes 14” over onto my side of my property, that Ron’s overspray was MY fault because I had moved my boxes to satisfy you and Ron’s 12” insistence he be given full use of his property at my husband and my expense. I am not sure how you calculate 12-inches given with a 2-inch spare, a fault of mine that Ron damaged my property with toxic overspray, but in all truth, Candy, I am not sure how your brain works on any given issue any day of any week. It seems to me that it operates on the same wave length as Ron Cook’s.

Wow – what a violently hostile unload of what you really think about me! All I calmly asked you to do was to talk to Ron about the overspray. Your violent hostility and ridiculous attempt to shame me for Ron’s outlandishly rebellious behaviors pushed me into defense mode, and I thought it better to record any further threats; and to ask you again to speak to Ron. Again you refused, until finally mockingly telling me you would call him again in a tone making it clear you were trying to get rid of me by trying to placate me. I was not amused by your clownish behavior. I actually felt sad for you.

So I canvassed the entire Park, talking to people and asking them face-to-face if they had a problem with me, or with my blinds being open. People’s reactions were that they were flabbergasted and surprised that you would say they had issues with me of any kind. Every one I spoke to said, “there is someone in the Park that hates you enough to make trouble for you”. I agree. And I know who those 2 are: you and Ron Cook.

Ron is moving, so that leaves just you that hates me enough to cause trouble for me.

As I have said before, my husband, on his death bed told me to “keep the house.” I am doing my best to honor him. He was a good man, and he saw the best in everyone even when they were stabbing him in the back and finally killing him with their ridiculous spitefulness.

I get along with everyone in the Park, Candy. Everyone.

You and Ron are the ONLY 2 that have issues with me that cannot be calmly be resolved. For whatever reason. I have asked you to get along with me. But from your violent hostile outburst the other day, it is obvious that will never happen on your end. That is sad because I will be here a very long time. Unless, of course, you get rid of me by having me thrown out of the Park on trumped up charges, which would be the final sadness.

I am sending you this letter today so you can file it in your file you say you have for your Lawyer on hold concerning me. I want it documented. I want it known that I have tried to defuse the animosity between the 3 of us and that you, for whatever reason you felt, have ALWAYS sided with Ron Cook, even to the point of accusing me of forcing him to sell his house when everyone on the entire street we live on knows that he had intended to sell from the get-go. I want the FACTUAL contents of this letter to be filed so there is no confusion whatsoever of what has been taking place.

And I will, from this day forward, make sure that I do not come to you for any reason.

I do not know how I will be able to do that if it is imperative that matters be attended to that the Park Manager needs to be aware of – matter like you keep mentioning in the Newsletters you send out concerning the safety and well-being of Park residents you said you needed to be appraised of; but you have made it very clear that any concerns of mine concerning Park issues are no concern of yours: and that if anything does happen in the Park, it is my fault. That mindset of yours towards me needs to be documented.

I was not aware that I had the power to affect everything, everywhere, at all times.

And others in the Park were surprised too.

Sincerely,

That done, I stopped at Lowe’s on the way back home and picked up 8 concrete pavers to finish the borderline walkway with; and I finished laying them out as soon as I got home. The border is now clearly marked, and I am hoping the new neighbors will respect that; Ron Cook never did:

PAVERS to finish the border walkway.

Pavers laid in place, and a few weeds pulled from the river rock as I made my way around the house and back inside, I was determined to get my floors mopped today, with no more delay. I had intended to have them done a few days ago, but weather (I have to have the windows open when cleaning due to asthma complications), the holiday, and Candy's never-ending insanity dominated the first part of this week: the only {open} day I could really do it was this morning.

And my floors are pretty again. Hallelujah!

CLEAN FLOORS! No more plaster dust and street dust coming in thru the open windows hiding their prettiness ...

But as soon as I reached the kitchen to do that floor, my Swiffer Jet mop quit! WTHeck? My mind worked through different scenarios to try to figure it out. I finally settled on, ‘It doesn’t need to be plugged in, so it must operate on batteries.’ Darn it! I wish I had paid more attention to Bob when he was putting things together for me to use! I don’t know if it actually uses batteries or not, and my SIL can’t remember if hers used batteries, or not, either. TIMES LIKE THIS is when it is good to have a man in the house. But I am not going to start shopping for a husband replacement so that my Swiffer Jet can be sorted out. I looked my Swiffer Jet over from top to bottom and saw screw holes in the handle – but I was not strong enough to get the screws unscrewed: I managed to get one out, but the others had been so thoroughly screwed in that I was afraid I would strip them and they would end up being worthless. So I put my screwdriver down, and reached for my phone to call my 3 back-up guys, hoping 1 of them would be available. Mike is working, David was the other side of the State getting ready to fish for Walleye (and I hope he gets lucky and gets his fish ;-)); and Kerry can come this weekend – which is fine, I did the floor with an alternative method, and when Kerry pulls the screws out of the handle to determine if the thing uses batteries nor not, I will screw the screws back in tight enough to hold the handle together, but loose enough that my go-to guys do not have to keep bailing me out. If I have to replace the Swiffer Jet, I can do that – but I’d rather not if I don’t have to …

Bob tightened the screws so tight, even Hercules would have trouble getting them out ... so I called Kerry. LOL
I managed to get one screw out, but was afraid I would strip the screws. David is out of town; Kerry can come help this weekend.
WALLEYE PERCH
GRANITE CLEANER to finish the kitchen floor with - I just sprayed it on the floor and mopped it up. Thanks Chris!

While the kitchen floor was drying, I had a cup of coffee, checked my FB Page, and steeled myself to correct the incorrect time on the Weather Forecaster. Again, Bob had set it up, and I did not pay attention because I was busy doing something else; so when it went on the fritz a month and a half ago, I had no idea how to update the time. Today it got done :-D

I found these instructions looking for the errant Swiffer Jet instructions. I never found the SJ instructions, but boy was I GLAD to find these instructions! For a month and a half it has consistently been 10:40 a.m. on the Forecaster Monitor - today the time was set for 2:40 p.m., the correct time at that time :-D
((((Whoop-whoop)))) I successfully changed settings myself!

I am beat; it has been an extremely b.u.s.y.d.a.y. for me here on the home-front and I was not up to standing up any longer than necessary, and especially not up to cooking. And I didn’t feel up to driving across town to pick up an order of Fried Liver either at the Indy Way Diner. So I made a trip to my garden area and cut some Deer Tongue Lettuce which was really too young to cut yet, and made myself a chicken and cheese sandwich for Dinner:

DEER TONGUE LETTUCE - I cut some for Dinner
Peppered Chicken, Cheddar Cheese & Deer Tongue Lettuce Sandwich; BBQ Stax Potato Chips, & Blueberry Yogurt. Supper tonight.
Pretty, red, MASCARA LETTUCE - I can't wait for this one to mature enough to dig into!

I think I am going to kick back and veg out tonight - watch some back-n-white noir movies on Youtube while I crochet some new chair leg booties for my dining room chairs with the campy flamingo chair pads ;-) (http://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/05/period-of-adjustment.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment