Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, April 11, 2019

SETS & SPROUTS


My onion sets arrived from Territorial Seed Company yesterday, and I am not particularly happy with them. The clipped tops were browned, the bulk of the bulbs are very scrawny, and the roots were so matted together that it was tough getting them apart without damaging the roots. Makes me wonder how long they were pulled, and how long they have been on the shelf before shipped to me.

The set cost me a pretty penny too!

Hopefully these sets will survive until I can get them in the garden beds, and hopefully they will thrive once set in place. I use a LOT of onions from season to season:


I think I will try to start onions from seeds in 2020.

This morning I noticed that the seedling trays were looking a bit dry on the surface, so I misted them to keep the soil soft for the seedlings to push through; and I noticed there were sprouts already in the pots under the kitchen skylight!

I am happy about that discovery this morning; these seeds were planted 2 days ago (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/04/housegarden-preparations-underway.html

Wa Wa Tsai, Chinese Cabbage

No comments:

Post a Comment