Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, January 24, 2019

DEFINING LINE IN THE ROCK


This afternoon before I left for the Grief~Share Support Group, a got a call from a family friend who recently heard about my husband’s passing from this life to the next, and he is coming over tomorrow. While he is here, he has offered to help me move those planter boxes that have given Candy and Ron heartburn which ultimately caused my husband’s death. I took him up on that! I’ll move the pavers and shift them all closer to the boxes too before David gets here; that way it won’t be such a hassle to place them as the defining line in the rock either:

The pavers were here when we bought the house 18 months ago - there are  A LOT of them! There should be enough to make some sort of a defining line along the property line; they are pretty much 12" square. Ron and Candy can have that "foot safe space" that cost my husband his life, and I can make sure that moron, Ron, doesn't set one greedy foot onto our property ...

Gardening season will begin in a couple of months and I don’t want to lose this season’s timeline waiting around for Candy’s grandsons to get to it, IF they get to it this year: and I do not want to risk those boxes getting damaged by people who will not be as careful with them as David and I will be; we both love my husband, and will be respectful of the time and hard work he put into each box that he lovingly built for me so that I can have a full veggie-flower garden in such a limited space …

He built me 2 different sized boxes because underground root bearing veggies need a deeper depth than above ground bearing veggies do. These boxes are the last thing my husband did for me - I want them moved safely and lovingly. They are the only tangible thing I have left of the man who loved me.
The ludicrous property line bitch made by Ron. Candy stormed our front porch aimlessly yelling about ‘trespassing apples and tomatoes'; a few hours later Bob ended up in ER/ICU … and eventually died from the stress fallout.

It is a crying shame that my husband was killed with petty jealousies and ignorant arrogances before he got to fully enjoy the fruits of his labor – watching me enjoy the boxes, as well as eating the bounty thereof. We lost half the harvest last Fall when he ended up in and out of the local hospital after August 2018’s petty nonsense; and I was with him to the end of his life and could not maintain the gardens at all. I did manage to harvest some green beans, spinach, turnips, rutabagas, celery, and onions that matured the end of June and first part of August – but after Hubs ended up in the hospital August 30th, the rest wilted and rotted from neglect, and all I could totally focus on was my husband’s perilous health.

Once the boxes are moved to make those 2 morons happy, and the rain barrels are set back in place, I should get a good harvest this year, but at what a cost! If I could have a choice and wind time back 5 months, I would rather have my husband.

But since I can't have him back ... I am going to make sure than his legacy is not brought to ruin by morons bent on malice and destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment