Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, June 28, 2018

OVEN PORK CHOPS AND POTATOES


This recipe is an old one and it seems to me like it is simply a casserole of pork chops and scalloped potatoes.

Very easy to put together and fairly economical too ;-)

I substituted whole milk for milk made from powdered milk and it worked fine … and I halved the recipe as usual, posting the original for larger families.

We had chocolate chips cookies for desert.


OVEN PORK CHOPS AND POTATOES ~ serve 6

6 Pork chops * 6 medium-sized potatoes * 6 TBSP Flour * 2-1/2 cups Milk * 1-1/2 teaspoons Salt * 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper * 2 TBSP Butter

Brown chops in a skillet.


Sprinkle chops with seasoning. Place chops in a casserole dish and put a layer of raw sliced potatoes on top of chops.


Heat milk – do not boil – and add flour and butter to hot milk, stirring until smooth. Pour this mixture over the potatoes.

Bake at 350-degrees for 1-1/2 hours … or until potatoes are soft and chops are baked.


Earlier, while preparing to mix up a batch of chocolate chips cookies, I went to the ‘fridge and realized I HAD NO EGGS! And after a day in the Park, I did not feel like driving all the way to Castle Rock to get another dozen, so Hubs said he’d drive to the store down the street and grab a dozen. What could I do? I needed eggs, so I said “okay” – which really meant … I suppose any egg in a crisis is better than no egg … I do everything I can to feed my family healthy and clean foods (no preservatives, no vaccines, no hormones: get the picture?) and I really did not want the watery tasteless store bought eggs.

My husband knows me well ;-)

THIS is what he came back home with – HEALTHY AND CLEAN EGGS, and they are brown too :-D

Who knew? If healthy/clean eggs are available at the local mom-pop-store, we may not have to drive an hour to get safe eggs anymore unless we get a hankering for Ameraucana eggs (pretty turquoise colored eggs - smaller, but tasty) ... these are a mere 5 minutes away :-D

I am not a girly-girl, but I gotta admit that I squealed like a girl when I saw them. With a twinkle in his eye, Hubs said he hunted high and low for eggs he knew I’d be happy with; and I’m thinking he really wanted those cookie too! LOL


I LOVE my man. ((((THANK YOU BABE)))) *kiss-kiss*

No comments:

Post a Comment