Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, November 23, 2017

TURKEY, CORN, and HO-HO-HO!

We were in oregon the other day and did some Christmas shopping in St. Helens on the way through; I wanted to see what their Wal*Mart has to offer … and I wasn’t disappointed. Our Wal*Mart is bigger and more modern, but theirs has more stuff to choose from in regards to holiday do-dads to break down and adorn the plain-jane wreaths I bought earlier.


Starting a Mini Santa Gift Sack Chain (no room for a tree now, and not a good idea with asthma). Got the bags done. They are small, but they’re big enough to hold things that interest a toddler ;-) I’ll get something every pay day and by this time next year the bags will be filled and strung before December 1st :-D
Wreaths & poinsettia & glittery snowflake trims; and lighted Outdoor Garland. I'll see what other trims I can find at the $ Store to flesh the wreaths out with.

I have to be careful now about what I buy for holiday decor because there isn’t much storage space in a mobile home, and we don’t have a nice roomy 2 car garage anymore either. So everything I do for the holidays will have to be rethunk and reworked to fit the life we have now, in the present. And that’s okay – challenges don’t scare me; they inspire me :-D

Well, Thanksgiving meal is over and I think I’ll just be lazy the rest of the day and conserve my energy to allow my sore lungs to heal (suffered a severe asthma attack earlier in the week) until later on in the evening when I kick into gear again and start decorating in earnest for Christmas ;-)

Turkey in the oven ...
The last of the frozen homegrown corn - what could be more Thanksgiving style than roasted ears of corn? This will be bake in foil alongside the roasting turkey.
Rain pelting down outside the kitchen window.
Giblet and neck meat stock simmering for the gravy.
This fluffy marshmallow topped Yam Bake is why this gamma is so 'fluffy'. LOL
The Thanksgiving Turkey Dish Scrubby I designed and crafted.

While the turkey baked, we started stringing the lighted garland across the front porch railing – and 2 nice surprises happened: the phone rang and a beautiful rainbow stretched across the sky:

This beautiful rainbow appeared over our area as Hubs was chatting with his granddaughter in Connecticut. Perhaps it’s a promise from Elohei to us of better days ahead. Hope so!

Yu’all have a great day today!

Enjoy the Holiday and don’t sweat the small stuff …

No comments:

Post a Comment