Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, February 3, 2017

MOD Wooded Moss Dish Towel

When I started MOD dish towel, I didn’t have a specific design in mind; I just worked along with the cotton yarns and buttons I had on hand, and it actually turned out rather nice ;-)

MOD Knit Cotton Dish Towel

I’m not really a pattern writer … I aimlessly jot down chicken-scratch-notes as I work along for personal reference (which doesn’t mean anything to anyone else), so I hope this pattern in understandable to the rest of you.

************

Cotton yarn in 4 colors of choice (I used Olive, Maize, Wooded Moss & Cloves)
# 10-1/2 knitting needles
#J/10 crochet hook

With Olive, CO 73 sts & P 1 row.

Row 1: Continue in Olive and work as follows - *K 1, P 1* across row; end K 1.
Row 2: Purl
Row 3: Knit
Row 4: Purl

Repeat rows 3 & 4 x10 (13 rows total); drop Olive and attach Maize.

Rows 15 thru 18: Repeat rows 1-4; drop Maize and attach Olive.

Rows 19 thru 22: Continue with Olive & repeat rows 1-4; drop Olive and attach Wooded Moss.

Row 23: Continue in st. st. with Wooded Moss for a total of 61 rows from beginning.

Drop Wooded Moss and attach Cloves & decrease as follows: P 2 – P 3 tog across row to last 2 sts: end P 2 sts.

Change from knitting needles to crochet hook and work in sc as follows: dec 1 st EA end until 8 sts remain.

Sc for 13 rows.

Sl st x5; ch 6 and sl st in same sp; sl at to end. Turn.

Dc x12 in chain loop; EO.


Sew button in place and weave in loose ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment