Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, May 7, 2023

GILLETTE-WYOMING & SOUTH DAKOTA

Passing through Gillette, Wyoming, I learned more about my husband - and his broadspread blue-collar background.

Holland had lived, and worked, in Gillette during a period of time in his life.

Holland had left home, and supported himself since he was 14 years old with various jobs: these were brawny man jobs (given his height of 6' 4", he was able to pass as an adult); not burger flipping at DQ for 3 months during the summer school recess period.

I am glad to be educated about things I am curious about … by a man who has actually worked at what I am asking questions about. I prefer a hands-on explanation, rather than a text book parroting on these topics ;-)

Sorry about the smeared pics - the bugs are thick, and juicy; and the hot sunshine dries this muck on the windshield as soon as you hear the sharp pop, followed by the splatter. Yuk.

Holland explaining to me the ins-and-outs of oil field work.
Oil transport trucks.
Oil storage bins.
Holland has worked in the oil fields of America, and in Canada.
Holland, 3 of his brothers, and his stepfather were on the cover of an Oil Magazine; CELEBRITIES ;-)
I apparently married 'UP', into a well-known family.
Holland is 'in training'; I WANT PICS!
Mounds of red pumice cover the landscape; used for roads & driveways.
WTHeck. In the middle of nowhere - for no apparent reason.
A sight you won't see in the PNW.
A metal teepee.
A farm equipment graveyard. LOL
I want to come back to Wyoming; & Bleu needs reined in.
New territory for both of us …
Wall Drug Store is a western style Strip Mall; I needed to stop at the Drug Store - and this was the closest on our route.
Dino's in the land - Sinclair Fuel Station mascot.
Metal sculptures; a horse & a pagan god, baal.
Porter Sculpture Park - Montrose, South Dakota:(https://www.rvtravel.com/camping-surreal-porter-sculpture-park-montrose-sd-1074/)
Road work in Humboldt, Wyoming - entire concrete road is being torn out - down to the dirt sub road.
Text from Chuck.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I like learning new things.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friends this month.

    ReplyDelete