Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, April 16, 2023

LEARNING TO BEND

"Learning to bend kinda sucks" is what Holland says.

I agree.

But bending is better than breaking … so, we are both learning to bend in several areas of our lives ;-)

I don't mind bending so much in my personal life because I know that my husband is accepting the {bending for peace sake}, also.

But I am beginning to resent being held hostage by picky house hunters and their silly agents >:-P

Every other day it's another demand; and I'm getting tired of them.

WE NEED TO GET ON WITH OUR LIFE.

We are still newlyweds - this is supposed to be a happy time for us. The stress of waiting is taking it's toll on our relationship: I'm no good at inactive waiting - I am bending … but I'm not bending smoothly, and Holland feels trapped with my impatience. The house is pretty much packed (and in a storage unit) except for the stuff we need for our day-to-day living: there isn't much to do right now, but wait. I need to be active. If I inactively sit around for too long, I get antsy; when I get antsy, I start snarling like a caged animal.

I know I am not an easy person to live with when I start snarling.

I am even snapping at Shay - and she's a gem; she's stayed with me these past 6 years, helping me with the sale of the house on Sparks Drive (which Bob and I used to secure & upgrade this place), and was a real support to me during those hellish months I was sitting death watch as Bob prepared to leave this world and walk with Yeshua beyond the clouds. She helped me in ways I can never thank her enough for, as I learned to walk alone the first year of widowhood. She patiently listened to me, and listed this house for sale the Winter of 2018 and every Spring since: last year came real close to selling, and I was even doing walk throughs on a couple houses … but I didn't want to rebuild another house, so I eventually pulled this house off the market a.g.a.i.n. Even though I am sure she was impatient with me every Spring for the past five years, she never snapped at me. I am ashamed to say that I cannot make the same claim: I feel like a heel for snapping, but I don't like feeling like a hostage to asinine buyer demands.

I just want this thing sealed and done.

Holland and I are learning to bend when it comes to our relationship; but I still do not bend well to the demands of strangers.

Another ridiculous hoop the strangers are insisting we jump through … I'm losing my patience with them: their agent's nitpicking is really annoying me.
Got Social Security reroute done.
Snowflakes changed the schedule … after the Social Security reroute my dentist office called with a cancellation reschedule; Holland opted to go home, and stay there with Shay.
Looking out the window at the bright building colors (while waiting for my cleaning appointment), I thought, 'I can't wait to enjoy SW colors'. I like COLOR in my life.
Evening order: we are preparing for 'Our Journey' YouTube recordings; this will be easier for our friends to keep track of our wanderings :-)
THURSDAY afternoon's Scappoose purchases, after I dropped Goodwill donation bags off; these things went into a gallon-size Ziploc for traveling.
Thursday evening we ate in Kalama, at the Golden Dragon; I liked my {encouragement}.  I'm drawing a straight 'F' in the patience end, though.
FRIDAY MORNING - 'Gentle' eyebrow; 'Tango' eyelid; 'Green' lid accent & liners; 'Winner' inner eyelid accent; 'Auburn Brow Gel; 'Deep Green' Mascara; 'Corail Ardent' Cream Blush & 'Coral Crave' Lipgloss.
We chose how we bend 
I like this blouse (mainly because it has shiny sequins on it ;-)) but it will not stay in my clothes cache. It doesn't really work for me.
We saw an 'Outback' in Beaverton-OR, that fit the length & weight we're aiming for; to satisfy every State's 'requirements'.
We liked this layout; the Queen bed & shower are doable, and there is 1-1/2 baths; we'd have to rig a wardrobe though, in the back end.
It was actually pretty roomy with the push-outs.
The price wasn't too steep, either. We like this layout, but if we can find it for less cost somewhere else … we'll go there to purchase it.
As we were leaving the RV lot, I got this text: I hope & pray this will be the END of the buyer's demands; I'm glad Shay loves me and overlooks my red-head-temper.
We visited a Beaverton truck lot on our way back home. Red is a color we agree on; regular 4x.
Punched in a Vancouver address to check-out on the way home … and Holland was stubbornly rerouted while I laughingly told him, "My GPS knows me well, honey - it wouldn't dare defy me with a freeway route": my GPS is set up to reroute around the freeway ;-)
Strong-willed GPS took us on a merry ride, Friday afternoon. Holland gamely favored the reroute because he knows I prefer backroad travel, but we had no idea the route would take so long from A to B: halfway through, Holland was regretting not taking the freeway exit.
Holland held up well in the upper hills of Portland where the roads were steep, winding, and tight: I was proud of him  and thanking Elohim for His grace & faithfulness. Holland's kidney stone medication makes him nauseous on sharp turns.
Coming down out of the upper hills took us  through the Pearl District & over the red Broadway Bridge. This bridge has old-fashioned looking lamps on it; pretty cool in the evening.
At any point leading to this crossing, Holland could have jumped on a freeway exit; he is bending.
The bridge lifts to allow large cruisers and ships to easily pass through the channel.
 Holland turned onto a freeway entrance at the end of the bridge - I was bendingAnd Holland found out that I spoke truth when I told him "freeway traffic puts me to sleep" - I went out like a light  and woke up when we came back to Longview.
Toyota lot in town.
SATURDAY MORNING; I was so out of breath after getting the house {clean enough} for the buyer's approval, my spelling was horrible - and my annoyance was showing: I didn't even bother fixing it. While the appraisal was asking place, we went house/truck shopping in Chehalis & Centralia. We found nothing we were even remotely interested in.
That's 'The Plan' as soon as this house actually SELLS :-); Industrial Way at Lewis & Clark Bridge.

Please Elohim! Let this deal be sealed sometime this coming week.



No comments:

Post a Comment