Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, March 16, 2023

SERIOUS MOVES

The Gypsy Soul Goal is to see ALL the mainland 48 States.

Today was a day of serious moves.

Holland and I met David for breakfast; these 2 are my fav fella's, and it was important that they meet. Plus, now that Holland and I have fixed our mindset on moving out of Washington, this get-together was imperative - things tend to move once a house is listed and things put on hold kinda slip away and never get done.

David and I have scheduled breakfast get-togethers since 2019. I didn't want to leave Longview … or Washington without saying good-bye face-to-face (we've known each other since 1966). The breakfast meet was important.

So, I was up bright and early; David did not have to call me to get me out of bed :-)

Viewing these pics while posting this post, I do not think I'll wear this blouse again I like the color, but the hang of the blouse is not at all flattering.

Face color …
'Chalk' on browline; 'Terra Cotta' on eyelid; 'Tango' inner eye;  & 'Soft Brown' for liner; 'Auburn' Brow Gel; 'Glam Soft Brown' Mascara; 'Coral Ember' Gel Blush 7 'Coral Crave' Lipgloss.
Face in place.
Blouse will NOT stay in my clothes cache; it looks like a maternity top.

Breakfast was a good happening - the guys hit it off, laughter rang 'rnd our table, and even though I was the butt of a man joke (man's long suffering of a woman's quick temper) … it didn't dampen my love for these two (1) I am an unapologetic brat (2) I know I am unconditionally loved by these two fellas ;-)

Holland and David discussing fishing and gun ownership.

When we got back home, Shay and I texted back and forth trying to reach a compromise concerning the listing of this house: she wants to sell low - I want to sell higher; the house is worth more than she's wanting to list it for, and I'm holding out for a more reasonably fair price. I am concerned for our finances, not the buyer's. Like I said, this house is worth what we are asking, and if the buyers can't do that, then the house isn't for them. We are trusting Elohim to bring in a reasonable and fair bid.

Bob and I put the roof on (the previous owner refused to do that), we laid new flooring (wood and stone), and remodeled the entire kitchen (with all new appliances), repaired 2 skylights, put in a new washer and dryer, put in a fireplace, replaced outdated light fixture in the living-room and spare bathroom, and put in new showerheads in both baths in the the Fall of 2017. In the Spring of 2018, Bob built me 14 boxes so I'd have a full-size garden area; and set up rain barrels for my garden area (Kerry has the barrels, but the drain spouts are still set up for new ones): that garden area is what ultimately led to Bob's death (this is recorded in my Fall & Winter 2018 posts). In the Spring of 2019, I had the Heat Pump thermostat replaced, repainted the entire exterior of the house, replaced a toilet, and put 16 canned LED lights throughout the house so I'd never have to replace a single light bulbs as long as I lived (they will last 30 years). The Summer of 2022, I had the ducts vacuumed. Every year I have a man come to wash the windows, clean the gutters, and check the roof status (every 6 months); and I repainted the front porch stairs myself; to keep them looking nice. And since we were married in January this year, Holland has put a water filter on the master shower, and just finished replacing the master bath sink/faucet.

This house is not an old, rundown house!

Since the waning of 2018 I have spent very little time in this house: everything is practically still brand new! I finally got the last 2017 moving box unpacked in 2022. I only really started living in this house when I married Holland; before then, I was gone nearly 24 hours a day.

This house is worth what we are asking.

An honest buyer will understand that.

Real Estate estimates are based on square footage; homes are bought on eye appeal, comfort, and personal use. This house has a lot to offer the right buyer.

People buy in mobile home parks for a variety of reasons, but this is a very nice mobile home park … and I have a very nice home. I do not think asking a fair return for the money spent, is asking too much: mobile home, or not.

Prayers concerning the selling of this house are appreciated; THIS YEAR'S QUOTE IS CONSIDERABLY LESS THAN LAST YEAR'S QUOTE.
The market has been suffering for decades … I still believe a fair deal is possible when dealing with fair people in a fair situation; a fair buyer is out there - we believe that.
I believe Elohim is able to bring in a reasonable sale; He has never once let me down. Ever.

When the texting ended, I got busy stuffing the Highlander with plants and yarns that will divided between the Sleuth Sisters at tomorrow's afternoon gathering. I am glad this stuff is going to good homes - it would bother me to throw this stuff in the trash can.

God willing, I will get the open containers from here to there tomorrow, without tipping the boxes and crushing them.

Linda's Text.
Becky's Texts.
Flowering geranium plants (in terra cotta pots inside bins), daffodil/tulip containers, and rose bushes … as well as boxes of yarn, stacked in the Highlander - going to new homes, in Graysriver.

And, praise Elohim, the outside temperature was very 'Springy' this afternoon :-)

WHOO-HOO! A whopping 58-degrees around 5 PM!

It's still 50-degrees here, at 7:47 PM :-)

I am SO ready for some sunny weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment