Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, November 11, 2022

SHABBAT SHALOM ~Cozy

Oy vey – it has been a busy day.

As 4:30 P.M. got closer, I was more than ready to embrace the shalom of Shabbat πŸ˜‰

I haven’t been home much on Fridays … usually on the road as soon as the sleepy cobwebs clear from my eyes and thoughts – and home just in time to light the candles and pour the wine. But with Fall/Winter early nightfall, I’ll be {in} for the next couple of months.

This morning, I did laundry, and decided to bake bread: that hasn’t happened for a long time ... (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2022/11/honey-whole-wheat-bread-recipe-makes-2.html... I like to bake my bread on laundry day because I can set it on the warm dryer top, for a nice fluffy rise 😊

I also tried a new flavored coffee; I bought it for the chocolate and caramel pictured on the package: it’s s.t.r.o.n.g.

STRONG flavored coffee. Busy day today; I need the 'buck-up' kick. LOL

In between the loads of laundry, and the bread making steps, I noticed that the light pink Christmas Cactus I bought the other day has blossomed. I like Christmas Cactuses – I’d like to find another apricot one; they are so pretty. I had one when we lived on Merritt Drive, but it died (I had it hung on the window frame: it froze to death) during the 2008 cold-snap-blizzard; and I haven’t seen another one on the market since

My wolf, Precious, wading thru snow by the plum tree; Blizzard - December 21st, 2008.
Pink Christmas Cactus blooming & my gifted Spider Plant is thriving very nicely.

Enjoying the warmth of my little cozy nest this Friday; I was walking through the rooms listening to the quiet sounds of the washer/dryer, and smelling the delicious sweet scent of the baking bread – and the old 1973 gospel song, “Sweet Honey in The Rock” shot through my thoughts. And I felt blessed by everywhere my eyes lit upon.

I am blessed with ALL of it. Thank You, Elohim.

I haven’t really taken the time to enjoy my home since becoming a widow the winter of 2018; but I am starting to do that now 😊

Like I have said many times in Shabbat posts – I observe the Shabbat Rest differently than most: I am a laid-back person, living a laid-back lifestyle. I don’t get fancy with Shabbat observances: I make time for the 24-hour rest period (meaning I shut the world’s madness out for 24-hours: it ceases to exit for me). I light a candle (an actual Shabbat candle, or just a scented candle; mood dictates which). I drink 3-ounces of red wine on Friday Eve … and 3-ounces of white wine at Shabbat close, Saturday eve.

Dry, with a smokey aftertaste.

That’s it.

Pretty simple.

These simple pleasures fit the bill for Widow Shabbat observances πŸ˜‰

I honor Elohei every second of every day, all year long – since 1966, so I don’t feel the need to go all religious to claim my share of the Shabbat relaxation and spiritual revitalization.

For me, the 24-hour Shabbat Rest is all about welcoming ministering angels into my home, as I fix my heart on my Husband Yeshua’s love towards me.

And I make my little queendom nest as cozy as possible, before sundown’s magic hour of Shabbat Shalom sets in 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment