Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

IN FOR A PENNY~IN FOR A POUND …

Today was my day at a local Food Bank. I enjoy this time, so noting that the weather was favorable today: the treeline out Coal Creek was clear of snow; as was the Longview Heights area – towards the Columbia Heights area ...

I ‘went for it’ πŸ˜‰

The coffee was warm, and tasty.

I look forward to my afternoon time in Kelso.

The radio station was playing decent music 😊

And the weather was favorable … until I turned onto Nevada Drive, towards West Side Highway: suddenly, the sunshine morphed into a driving rain/sleet/snowflakes combo. But I was halfway to my destination: I was “in for a penny, and in for a pound” – the drive really wasn’t that treacherous, and I was praying that the worst of it would hold off until I got back home πŸ˜‰

Going into Kelso, this afternoon - if there's no reason not to do it ... I'm doing it ;-)
Snow patches along Laurel Road.
View from S. Nevada Drive.
Snow draped Lone Oak hillside from Nevada Drive; I planned to drive that road back home, 2 hours from now – so I scoped it out πŸ˜‰

By the time I reached my destination; snowflakes as big as dimes riding on a driving rain, were falling at a windswept angle. I prayed harder that my return trip would not be too dicey.

The two hours passed quickly with jokes, laughter, and remarks of “this is nutty! It was 75-degrees just 4 days ago!” from everyone: workers, and customers. And it is true.

Afterwards, I did drive home over Lone Oak Road – it’s quite a bit higher in elevation than Westside Highway (and Ocean Beach Highway), and I was curious as to how much snow actually fell in those hills.

It was obvious that a significant amount of snow had fallen the day before … there was snowy evidence, as well as storm damage debris (downed wiring along the roadside, cleanup where trees and tree limbs had fallen across the road, and wind-tossed branches littering both sides of the roadway); but the drive along the route was relatively dry road and easy passage. I was thankful.

Lone Oak Road.
9 minutes to home.
Top of Lone Oak Road; road ice-free, though littered with tree-breakage debris.
The only storm damage, here at home: I put it in a cup of water, on the kitchen window sill πŸ˜‰
All that was missing weather-wise this afternoon, was a tornado touch-down.

There was no weather-related tornado touchdown … but there was a cyber-related tornado that had been dropped into my Blogger email.

I dealt with it – and God willing – that tempest will lose its steam and fade away.

It’s ridiculous and I’m tired of it continually showing up. I'm dealing with a lot right now   I don't need to be dealing with a crazy woman.

CRAZY INTERNET ‘grammy’ BULLY~W.T.H.: https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2022/04/crazy-internet-grammy-bullywth.html

I am also missing my husband (April is the month Bob and I became a couple), and my little grandson (April is the month we found out he would be born in June): so, I redirected my thoughts, and got busy coating the soles of the final three pairs of slippers πŸ˜‰

Last 3 pairs of slipper soles to be coated, and set to 'cure'.

No comments:

Post a Comment