Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, January 17, 2022

DUCK EGGS & RIVER WALK

I was up before the sun rose.

I was on a mission.

Blue showing through the early morning clouds; coffee shack location.
Sunrise; Ocean Beach Highway.

I was driving to Castle Rock to make a purchase in the parking lot of the Select Market, there.

Duck eggs are hard to come by, so when I find a supplier … I am on it like chicks on crickets 😉

In Castle Rock waiting at 'drop point' for duck eggs to be delivered.
The overhead sky looked like bags of upended cotton balls had been flung across it.
'Wait til Spring' for safe passage travels.
Meticulous Plans have been researched and carefully plotted.
Out-of-State Solo Lobo venturing can get dicey.
As soon as all road are a 'GO!' ... I'm outta here. ðŸ˜Š
A beautiful false-spring day.
Duck Eggs; fresh from the farm; I prefer them unwashed when I buy them – and I wash them before I crack the shell.

Duck Egg Info: https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-duck-eggs#1

After I got home, and stashed the precious eggs in the ‘fridge, I decided to go for a walk out at Willow Grove – the day was perfect for a brisk stroll 😊

The sun lured many people from their homes, today.
Even the sky was buzzing with activity ...
UFO Cloud over Mt. St. Helens.
Willow Grove River Walk Trail - 1.4 as shown on the Park Map; 2 miles total, walking across the marina parking lot & the graveled back trail.

It was while I was looking at the mountain with the huge ‘Encounters of the 4th Kind’ UFO cloud hanging over its gaping crater, that I got a phone call telling me Pam’s great-grandson, Oliver, had finally arrived – all 6 pounds of him. And I bet he’s handsome, too; Pam says he looks like her babies did, and she had beautiful babies. Her grand-daughters are drop-dead-gorgeous: no surprise there … Pam was a knock-out in high school.

I’m glad for her family. New babies are also exciting.

It was while I was standing there talking with her, that I also felt the first painful stab in the arch of my left foot. Piriformis pain was striking. I finished the walk after the call ended.

Thanks to the speed control feature on the car, I didn’t have to stress my foot arch too much on the way home. I iced my foot as soon as I could, after I got into the house.

Rest, ice, pain relieving exercises … and maybe use of the heating pad later on … will help back the pain down and ease the inflammation.


Icing my foot muscle; piriformis flareup.
Exercises to help with piriformis pain.

Seated Senior Resistance Exercises Using Dumbbells (I skipped the leg exercises because of the foot pain): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAUy6OhjZfE

No comments:

Post a Comment