Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, June 27, 2020

HUDSON PARK WALK


This morning dawned with river fog and mist spray; for a while it looked like the planned hike would have to be called off. But by the time we topped the Rainier hill, and parked in the graveled parking lot … the heavy river fog had begun to lift, and the heavy spray mist had stopped completely:

A little bit of turquoise sky showing through the parting clouds.

There was a lot of flowers (tiny wild roses, foxgloves, goats-beard, daisies, wild sweet-pea vines, pink velvety puff-ball type of flowers) and blackberry brambles along the path; but I got a phone call before I could capture most of the flowers – all I managed to capture before the call came and picture taking was waylaid, was this field of wild daisies …


Ed and Trudy are 13 and 15 years older than I am, but they still enjoy getting outdoors, and hiking – so they came with me. They are fun, and they are a wealth of hiking information. Bob and I did hiking on a small scale … these 2 have been all around the world, and have done B.I.G. hikes.

It doesn’t matter how old a person gets to be, there is always something older people can enrich your life with … because they have lived longer, and have information from experience they can share.

I am all about learning from experience.

So, I listen when they talk ;-)

The woodland path we walked: Trudy telling me about the type of hiking boots she wears … I'll have to make do with my sneakers until inslee's mask mandate fades away and stores get back to do rational business again.
My "back fence neighbors" and friends, Ed & Trudy: 78 and 76
I look pregnant with my fanny pack on under my blouse; but I didn’t want to have my backpack-purse along with me; and I needed to have my wallet, comb, rain poncho (just in case), chap-stick, Ibuprofen, Benadryl (for bee stings: I am severely allergic) – I needed the fanny pack … no matter how I looked with it on ;-)
Me wearing Bob's windbreaker; I like feeling like he is with me in some small way. This is a new solo lobo venture ... Bob & I never did this hike.

The phone call ended before we reached this mud patch – if it hadn’t … I would have had to end it, because I needed all my attention focused on getting safely across those slippery poles:

Trudy was the smart one … she wore boots.
Not happy to see this – this is why most trails are gated off.

Just a little bit further along, we came to a picnic area near the backside of the Hudson Park Elementary School playground; here, we cut across the school grounds to the blacktop and walked back to the car …

Trudy; she said the Hike Club donated a picnic table to this spot.
This was a steep incline: the heart and lungs really got worked – but that’s okay; that why I hike ;-)
The Horizon in the distant gravel parking lot …

It was an enjoyable walk with fun companions.


And the rain held off for the entire 1½ miles – as soon as we reached the car, the raindrops started :-D


Because of the fickle weather, we didn’t walk through the Hudson Park trails as planned (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2020/06/dovetailing-details.html) – we shortened our “outside time” back, and just skirted the school grounds. I’ll come back and increase my mileage ... and do the Park when the weather is more stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment