Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, December 28, 2019

I LOVE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE


Bob was the only person who ever loved me just because I exist.


  
  
 

And I loved Bob just the way he was, too.

I love him still ... and I always will.

  
 
 
 
 

We didn’t step on each other – we didn’t try to change the other; we loved each other just the way they were: warts, and all.

But we each changed: we became better people because of the love we received from each other. Because we were both loved unconditionally by the other, we strove to be better people – as an individual person: for each other; for US as a whole.

We didn’t change to try to fit the other’s futuristic perception of us … we changed to become better people – individually – and THAT became change for the betterment of US; and our marriage thrived and strengthened.

Love was the foundation.

And US was a continual work in progress.

We loved each other just the way we were – in the moment.



Love was the foundation.

Tomorrow is my 63rd Birthday.

I miss Bob – Bob was my greatest gift.


I miss the love Bob lavished on me.

Bob was the only person who ever loved me just because I exist.


How does one rebuild a life where love no longer exists?


No comments:

Post a Comment