Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, September 6, 2019

MOD SLIPPERS – Designed on Giant Sea Clam Colorations ;-)


I did knit the original pattern for these slippers from the original pattern, HOWEVER – I can truthfully state that THESE SLIPPERS are MY OWN DESIGN because I reworked the original pattern to enlarge the slippers to fit a Size 8W & Size 10W women’s foot.

So, I am NOT “stealing” – and I am NOT lying: I reworked the original pattern to my specific design creations: ALL DESIGNERS USE someone else's basic foundation for thier 'original' work.

That said, I am posting the reworked pattern as I reworked it – if you make these slippers please GIVE CREDIT TO the original designer, as well as LINK BACK TO MY PAGE.

Thank you:


ORIGINAL SIZE 6-61/2W: Knit slipper exactly as written in the posted link above – I opted not to use the openwork increase; instead I just knit my slipper straight garter stitch increase. I like it better that way ;-)

I LIKE LOTS OF COLOR, so I patterned my slippers after the colorful giant sea clams. LOL It works for me and my designs …

Giant Sea Clam: green tridacna - TURQUOISE-LT ORANGE-SOFT NAVY-LIGHT GREEN-VARIGATED PINKS
Starting in the round ...
Ready to close bottom.
Bottom edges carefully closed to match ribs.
FINISHED!
What these slippers look like on the feet …


MY MODIFICATIONS for enlargement – I just worked this particular slipper without working bold coloration into it because I was reworking the pattern and needed to pay close attention to the modification increases (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/09/mod-paintbox-slippers-modified-tesha.html).

Size 8: Inc as written in original pattern to a total of 50 sts on needle.

K1 row even.

Inc as written in original pattern until there are 94 sts on needle.

Work in 2 x 2 ribbing for 20 rows; then finish as original pattern directs.


The size 10W slippers I worked up, were patterned after this sea clam:

Giant Sea Clam - BABY BLUE-THYME-ICELANDIC VARIGATED BLUES; ready for Sale (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/09/slow-day.html)

Size 10: Inc as written in original pattern to a total of 56 sts on needle.

K1 row even.

Inc as written in original pattern until there are 112 sts on needle.

Work in 2 x 2 ribbing for 21 rows; then finish as original pattern directs.

No comments:

Post a Comment