Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

ACTION-PACKED DAY


My garden was lousy this year – the sun was hidden most of the growing season by heavy gray clouds (kinda like hovering sea fog), I am assuming were the result of the river so close. Added to those clouds was a thick humidity, and brutalizing strong river gusts that dried the garden growth as well as beat the garden with punishing blows: gardening just plain sucked this year:


While I was watering the tomatoes & peppers, Pam called and asked if I’d like to go walking with her & Frank around the Lake – I said I would. I like walking and walking partners, now that Bob is no longer here, are hard to hook up with; so, I was thankful they called. We had a nice walk, and good convo.

Frank's family lived next door to Bob's family in Cathlamet; Frank kinda idolized Bob - Bob was a good man to want to imitate ;-)


When I got home, I called Indy Way Diner to see if they had liver on the menu today; they did. So, I ordered a take-out meal of Liver w-onions, baked Potato, and Corn on the cob: I love liver with onions; and I need the iron liver provides.


I arrived at the diner early, so I sat out in my car and did a Word Search puzzle until 4 o'clock … and received the news that my sister, Iris, had died. I had been expecting it for weeks, but, when I got the call – it was hard news to hear. My heart, though I do not really know Rick (Iris's husband) other than talking on the phone, goes out to him: he is facing the hardest thing he will ever face in his life. His life has changed in ways he won't be able to grasp for months yet.

Iris and I weren't real close because we had only found each other about 7 months ago; but we became fast friends. And we loved each other. I will miss her sorely ...

My sister, Iris & her husband, Rick. They are Lutherans, and Iris confessed to me that she was "not a good catholic": I do not think she was saved - that was the impression she gave me when she talked about God and religion That means that we will never talk to each other again. That is hard to bear.

I really hope this is the last death I will have to hear about, and face for a long time …

No comments:

Post a Comment