Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, August 16, 2019

A SHAWL FOR KIRA


Last night I went to fellowship – I almost didn’t go – and found my purpose there.

I skipped last week because it was a week of missing Bob and I didn’t feel I would have been up to being around so many people when I was an emotional wreck. That said … last night I did go. And Elohim answered one of my prayers.

Dahlia’s sent home with me last night, after fellowship: so far, my lungs have not been thrown into respiratory distress ...

I have been praying that Elohim would use me where He could use me to honor him and help comfort someone else going through a wilderness journey.

Last night, I met a young woman (still a girl, actually), who is dealing with an aggressive type of cancer. She has no family here at all, except the Body of Believer’s that meet together with her … and of which, I am now a part, also. As the treatments progress, and as the cancer progresses, she will be facing the valley of the shadow of death: NO ONE SHOULD GO THROUGH THAT ALONE. I was asked – and I agreed – to be with her when the time comes that she will not want to be alone.

I can do that.

I am alone now.

I have LOTS OF TIME on my hands; in which I am doing nothing in particular.

I have been asking Elohim to find something for me to do … that would be productive.

I feel THIS situation with Kira is an answer to my prayerful request.

So, today after I finished up the slipper order I had received weeks ago …

Slippers finished up and will be ready for sending off as soon as the no-slip bottoms dry thoroughly.

… I will be getting busy on a shoulder wrap for Kira: and if there is enough yarn leftover, I will make her a matching beanie:

Forgive my sloppy appearance - when I am just going to be sitting around in-house, I usually slip into one of Bob's tee-shirts: they are big & roomy, and I feel wrapped in something that touched his body; it helps. Plus, I can work unconstrained - women's shirts are not very comfortable. MPO

The gray clouds are back – hiding blue skies I think are lurking behind the constant low-lying grayness. It is nippy here this morning.

My poor garden has given up – there will be NO corn this year – none/nada. Whether the Spaghetti Squash that is on the vine actually matures, is debatable at this point.

So, today, I will be very low-key; moving in slo-mo, starting work on a shawl for Kira, watching old black-n-whites on Youtube while I crochet … and moving towards the Sabbath’s Rest ;-)

I do not adhere to orthodox constraints, BUT I DO LIKE the 24-hour peacefulness of time I set aside every Friday sundown to Saturday sundown, just to focus on Elohei’s goodness/faithfulness, relax, breathe deeply, and just {be}.

SO IMPORTANT!


No comments:

Post a Comment