Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, June 9, 2019

TIDY UP & WALKABOUT


The rain has stopped, so it was time to get back outside.

First thing I did was disappoint myself again when I checked the rain barrels a.g.a.i.n. One would THINK that after all the weekend rain there would be a noticeable change in the water levels – NO! I am not liking that city water is going into my food sources. I mean … I DO NOT even drink city water! And I was so careful not to use tap water on them during their seeding/transplant stages. I am seriously disappointed. I can’t believe how scarce rain has been this year (if there is 1 thing we HAVE in Washington State, it is rain; where IS it now?), and buying water to pour on my veggies would seriously dent my monthly budget.

But It is tempting.

Very tempting.

Anyway …

Looking out the front windows while enjoying my morning coffee, I noticed that the pounding rain had damaged my towering delphiniums in both flower beds; so, I got dressed and went out to clip the broken and damaged stalks:



That done, I aimed a jet stream of Roundup at the weeds sprouting in the driveway cracks.

And since I was dressed for outside, I went for an early morning walkabout. I don’t feel guilty for taking pictures of people’s pretties because I figure they WANT them to BE admired, or they wouldn’t have strategically placed them where they would be admired…

I am familiar with Monkey Trees, but this one is different, so I did a google search when I got back home to find out what this tree is – it took me a while, but I found out that its name is ‘The Monkey Puzzle Tree’ (https://owlcation.com/stem/The-Monkey-Puzzle-Tree-An-Ancient-and-Endangered-Plant)
My eyes kept being drawn to those clumps of turquoise eyed/purple hued sedums … so I just HAD to get a pic of it. LOL
The DINNER PLATE SIZE of this White Clematis is eye-catching too.
More rock interest additions since last Tuesday’s walkabout (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/06/getting-stuff-done.html)

Before coming back inside, I lifted and transplanted several Tom Thumb Lettuces – these tiny tasty butterhead lettuces will grow to the size of a baseball, so they need more spreading space than they were getting with my broad-spread seeding method. I have been thinning a few plants out and using them in my Supper salads, but now I would like to have a few mature:

Transplanting Tom Thumb lettuce throughout the Tomato bed.

Now I am going to be lazy for the rest of the day, starting with ordering take-out Liver Supper from Indy Way Diner ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment