Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

KNIT BABY HOSPITAL HATS


Some of the little hats I have completed for the Hospital Donation Foundation

This pattern I used as a basic hat design is not my own – I did an internet search to find it. These knit hats are small, and easy to work up:


I changed the original top decreases a little to suit my work; MOD baby hat tops at the decrease row are worked differently than the original pattern with 2 rows of k I, p I ribbing and st st decreases finishing the last 4 rows.

MOD PREEMIE HOSPITAL HAT - back seam sewn up.
MOD PREEMIE HOSPITAL HAT - Front upward view. 
MOD PREEMIE HOSPITAL HAT - Top 'expandable' view.
MOD PREEMIE HOSPITAL HAT - Top down side view. 

Feeling the need to get back to designing as well as crafting to fight the loneliness I live with now, I switched from solid colored hats a day ago, and began to use texture again as well as color for hat variations … and though the first 2 variations are dark, the most current hat I just finished is brighter and more colorful as I used a nudibranch color scheme to work my design around.

The original pattern is simple and uses the basic stockinette stitch, but it is very easy to adapt using textured variations – pick a stitch pattern from your own pattern books, or go online to find an interesting one, and have fun:

MOD Textured striped Baby Hat I made for Hospital Donation Foundation.
Stitch Pattern I used for above brown striped Baby Hat
MOD Baby Hat I made for Hospital Donation Foundation. Patterned after a Nudibrach
MOD Baby Hat I finished up a few minutes ago for Hospital Donation Foundation. Patterned after a Nudibrach coloration. The lighting is bad today and I just could not get a good picture no matter how I shot it - the hat really is a very bright and colorful little hat like the nudibrach coloration below; this pic does not do it justice.
Nudibrachs are colorful little sea creatures smaller than a human fingernail. I have used their colorations in many of my past designs, and always sold out quickly :-D

Though I am not currently designing or crafting for profit - and don't know if I ever will again because Bob was the other half of my Bazaaring fun, it feels good to be designing again. And doing something constructive ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment