Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

PORK FRIED RICE

For this recipe all I can do is give a rough estimate of the ingredients because it’s an old Vietnamese recipe given to my mother in the early 1970’s passed to her by a Vietnamese woman who grew up on the stuff; and the recipe is roughly based on familial needs – such as how many people are in the family, ect.

The amount of ingredients I am posting is what I use for my family … and it makes enough for 2 meals. I have frozen the leftovers too; and haven’t noticed any significant difference in the quality of the rice or eggs on reheating and serving.

***************
PORK FRIED RICE.

PORK FRIED RICE ~ Makes 8 servings

COOKED Rice for 3 – 3 Pork steaks – Green onions (about 1 cup) – a dozen Eggs – Salt/Pepper/Soy Sauce

Cook the rice and set aside.

In a Dutch Oven, fry the pork steak, cut into small pieces; add green onions, .sliced – cook until pork is browned and done.

Beat eggs in a bowl, as for scrambled eggs; add to the pork and onion – cook until eggs are done.


Add the cooked rice to pork mixture and season. Top with soy sauce to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment