Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, March 7, 2022

A BACK & FORTH DAY

I had planned to go to a 10 AM Fellowship, but the lady that sells me duck eggs decided she wanted to meet me in Castle Rock at 10 this morning: I wanted those duck eggs, so I drove to Castle Rock to pick them up. While there, I grabbed a few more salads.

Driving Coal Creek Road, I noticed land being cleared.

More land being cleared. I wonder what will go in – more apartment buildings, or a private home cul-de-sac development.

Leaving Castle Rock, I decided I’d drop the eggs and salads off at home; and drive a little further up the highway to make an 11 AM Fellowship 😊

I wasn’t dressed fancy – a quick hair wash/brush out, pulled on a pair of jeans and a simple pullover blouse, and a quick face transformation before I left the house this morning.

Nothing fancy.

I was dressed okay, but I like to wear something a little nicer for Fellowship – after all, I will be in the presence of the King of Kings (as well, as my Husband); but it couldn’t be helped this morning.

Names of Jesus song:

As I entered, and started settling, I noticed that this morning was also Communion Sunday: a special bonus 😊

Driving home along Ocean Beach Highway, I decided to pull over to the side of the road coming into Stella, and watch a ship cruise by; I also watched families play around in the shallows of the sliver of Germany Creek beach that meets with the mighty Columbia River.


Ship heading upriver to Longview; Germany Creek & Columbia River at Stella.

Nearing the Coal Creek/Willow Grove junctions on Ocean Beach Highway closer to home, I decided to go back to Castle Rock and pick up a couple bags of fertilizer (the day was pleasantly warm, and Spring garden dreams, were flitting through my thoughts 😊); so I veered left and bought four bags of fertilizer at the Four Corners Farm and Garden Store.

I had a young fella load them into the back end of the Highlander for me … and he did it pretty handily: 2 bags at a time. The bags were not too heavy, but they were wet, which puts strain on my 65-year-old arms. Even with all the muscle tone exercises and weight lifting I am doing with 10-pound weights. There are just times when young bodies are more capable. I would be able unload them easily into the wheel barrow at home, and finagle them into a storage area of the carport; but I really needed that strapping teenager to lift/heft, carry them from the store’s storage area, and dump them into the Highlander’s back end.

That done, I drove back home via Westside Highway because I wanted to top the gas tank off before parking the car at home.

Gas Prices have gone up again.

A 30-cent/gal. raise at the pump adds up fast as the gas tank fills up. It’s political robbery due to arrogant ignoranceand the arrogantly ignorant DC obamanite pirates are pinching hard because they know they can get away with it. If people start complaining, they just start screeching hysterically about climate change: and when all else fails, they will slap the race card down and defy anyone to challenge the ridiculous claim that using fossil fuel, fuels uncontrollable racism.

Leaping towards $5-gal.; Chevron in Longview.
What I paid this afternoon at SW; Longview.

If gas prices continue to escalate, I’ll be sticking real close to home this year.

I stopped at Lowe’s and grabbed a Goop Cleaner, too 😉

At home, I started unloading the bags of fertilizer – and noticed that not only were the bags wet (having been stored outdoors at the store), but they had leaked their messy wetness.

Stocking up for Spring gardening season.
The steer manure bags leaked 
I mopped up the mess; and followed the mop-up, with a good cleaning of Pine-Sol.
2 Chicken manure & 2 Steer manure; I'll need more bags of each.
Goop has been off the shelves for at least 10 years ... I grabbed a B.I.G. one this afternoon when I saw it: I use this for practically everything.

I need at least another 10 bags of fertilizer: 1 bag for each of the 14 garden boxes in my veggie garden area of my lot. For the next haul, I’m going to buy some clear painter’s drop cloths to spread in the Highlander’s back end; before the fertilizer bags go into it.

And just before bedtime, I finished the last Angel Baby Blanket; I’ll mail the box of 16 ct. off later this week.

Finished; Mrs. Hunters Pattern.
Ready to be mailed off ... 16 ct. MOD 21-x21-inch Angel Baby Blankets.

For all the back-and-forth squirelingness, I actually got a lot accomplished 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment