Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, February 28, 2020

TIES TO ‘SQUASH ;-)

HA!

Bob’s youngest brother, Kerry, made the news :-D

And, (((YES!))), he does indeed look like the PNW's Mascot, Sasquatch … even without the ‘Squash Mask he carved ;-)


I am sure Bob was howling with laughter as he rode the clouds. He may even have said, “Way to go, ‘lil bro!”

And Kerry’s pretty granddaughter, Haley, was also caught on camera towards the end of the video – the 0.58 markShe’s become quite a lovely girl; I bet she keeps grandpa on his toes now ;-)

I am glad for Kerry; he deserves recognition for his artwork.

I had help moving this bench into the foyer when I had the exterior of the house painted last Spring. This is one example of Kerry’s artistic flair.
Coho bench Kerry carved a couple years ago with a chain saw. As soon as I saw it, I knew we had to have it – the price tag was high … but worth every penny.

I love this bench. I don’t care for salmon in general, but I love the artistic imagery of this bench.

Bob loved this bench, and sat on it quite a bit throughout the years.

In fact, he was sitting on this bench the day candy scott stomped up our front porch steps and started screaming at us and waving highlighted papers at us: everything she was screaming about was bogus ... but it killed Bob and devastated my life.

A few times last year, pulling up to our home, I got a little freaked out thinking I caught a glimpse of Bob sitting on this bench – the manifestations were so strong; the first time it happened, I almost ran the front tire up on the curb. It was the weirdest feeling. Even on recent days, when I drive up to the house, I prepare myself to be shocked; it’s lessening.

I couldn't bring myself to sit on this bench last year ... this year, I am going to sit on it every chance I get.

And laugh out loud thinking of my ties to our lovable, kind-hearted, artsy-fartsy 'Squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment