Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

MOD DOGWOOD & CHERRY BLOSSOM DEHYDRATOR DUSTCOVER


Tonight, I finished the dehydrator dustcover I started a few days ago (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2020/02/memories-in-movie.html).

I am using scrap yarn to make these things and the larger countertop appliances take more yarn that the smaller ones, and my yarn cache is depleted of large skeins of yarn. I had this green, and this pink that was enough to make this cover, so though it is somewhat garish, I went with it because it is “Springy” in color.

The trims, was what had me stumped for a few days. But I eventually settled on Dogwood and Cherry blossoms:

MOD Dehydrator Dustcover Finished :-D
Dogwood & Cherry Blossoms trim.

It was a stressful morning this morning, but good friends … and crafting … relaxed me :-D (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2020/02/a-day-of-exercise.html).

While I was working on the trims and listening to music, I was thinking how much our home has changed in the past 437 days. There is not much now left of my husband in my home ... the home we bought and reworked to fit our life – the life Bob & I planned to enjoy together for many retirement years.

His clothes are gone from his side of the closet … and my clothing has been shifted from my side to his side. I noticed his youngest brother Kerry wearing one of his shirts at a family gathering a few days ago in Calimexarabia. I smiled when I saw Kerry wearing that shirt. Bob got it when his Dad passed, and Kerry got it when Bob passed from this life to the next. It looked good on all of them :-D


In December of 2018, I cleared the master bath of his toiletries immediately after returning home from the funeral home – I knew if I didn’t do it then, it wouldn’t get done for months. Possibly years. I couldn’t live a healthy life unless they were gone. I didn’t feel guilty: Bob and I discussed possible death for decades; he knew what I would need to do to survive his absence.

His tools were portioned out to family members – I kept some; things I knew I would need to use at some point around the house.

All these things are out of sight. But never out of mind.

By and large, people still speak his name: intimate friends speak lovingly and kindly of Bob, and of us as a couple.

I love hearing his Name spoken. I love hearing remembrance stories told about him – even if I occasionally cry. Tears are worth the sound of his Name being spoken and heard; it is music to my ears, and balm to my wounded heart.

How I wish it were more than just memories.

A few people speak disparagingly of his memory, dishonoring themselves and blatantly disrespecting me. Those people are no longer in my life; either by self-removal, or by culling. Their choice, either way.

Looking out the LV window as I worked to complete the dustcover, I wonder if he is watching me – he always liked to watch me design and create. He always encouraged me. Does he know my thoughts; can he feel how much I miss him? Or … is he sitting/standing next to me, as I work? Is he trying to find a way to answer my anguished questions concerning our wayward children?

Where is he? What is he doing?

Perhaps he is riding on the clouds high in the evening sky …


Bob has been physically gone from this Earth for 437 days – but he has constantly been on my mind and in my thoughts. And though this humble home is my castle – my sole domain … Bob’s Name still represents {home} to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment