Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, December 5, 2019

COCONUT-CRANBERRY CHEWS Recipe


When I was in Scappoose earlier this week, I also brought home a Christmas Cookie jar, and set it out this morning, with my Snow Man & Snow Woman Coffee Creamer & Sugar Containers
(https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/12/3-blood-transfusions-lot-of-hope.html).

 

Which brought to mind these tasty cookies – so, I made some ;-)

This is a rich cookie; but worth every calorie!

I am determined to lose more weight ... and I like sweets too; so, to satisfy both needs and wants, I used a small spoon to drop cookie dough onto my cookie sheet for smaller cookies.

COCONUT-CRANBERRY CHEWS ~ Makes about 6 dozen cookies

About 1-1/2 cups (3/4-lb.) Butter, at room temperature * 2 cups granulated Sugar * 1 Tablespoon grated Orange peel * 2 teaspoon Vanilla * 1 large Egg * 3-1/4 cups all-purpose Flour * 1 teaspoon Baking Powder * ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt * 1-1/2 cups dried Cranberries * 1-1/2 cups sweetened flaked dried Coconut

In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, orange peel, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in egg until well blended:

Butter mixture

In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture; stir to mix, then beat on low speed until dough comes together – about 5 minutes. Mix in cranberries and coconut …

Full cookie dough; I only made half the recipe - if you make the full recipe, the bowl will be fuller.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2-inches apart on buttered 12” x 15” baking sheet.

Bake in a 350-degree oven until cookie edges begin to brown – about 11 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes; then using a wide spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment