Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, June 13, 2019

1st CORINTHIANS ~Chapter 4



Men should look upon us as servants of Mashiach, as stewards of the mysteries of Elohei. And to sum it up the main requirement of a steward is that he be found faithful. With me, it is a very small matter that I should be judged by you, or tried before a human court. I do not even pass judgment pf myself. For although my conscience does not reprove me for anything, that does not mean that I am innocent. It is Adonai Yeshua that judges me. Therefore, do not pass any premature judgments, but wait until Yeshua comes back. He will throw light on what is now hidden in darkness, and He will reveal the motives in men’s hearts. Every man will then receive from Elohim Himself the praise that is his due.

Brethren, the reason why I have applied all this to myself and Apollos is that you may profit by it, that you may learn from us not to go beyond what the Scriptures permit, and that no one of you should boast of one person in preference to another. After all, who makes one superior to another? Or, what is it that you have that has not been given you? So if you have received it s a gift, why do you boast as though you have earned it?

Are you already satisfied? Have you already become rich? Have you already taken possession of your kingdom without our help? I surely could wish that you now occupied your thrones, and that we, too, might reign with you. Indeed, it seems to me that Elohim has placed us Apostles last and least among men, like men under sentence of death. Truly, we are a spectacle of the whole creation, to Angels as well as men. For Mashiach’s sake we are fools, but you are wise in Mashiach. We are weak, but you are strong. You are held in honor, but we are in disrepute.

Up to the present moment, we have suffered hunger and thirst. We are poorly clad. We have been abused and beaten. We have no home. We have worked hard with our hands for a living. When men revile us, we answer with a blessing; when they slander us, we just beg them to cease. We are considered as worthless filth, the scum of the earth, to this very day.

No, I am not writing these things to make you feel ashamed. Rather, I counsel you as my beloved children. Foe even if you had ten thousand Christian teachers, you have only one father. It was I who became your father in Yeshua Mashiach when I preached the Gospel to you. I plead with you, therefore, to follow my example. It was for this reason that I sent you Timothy, my beloved and faithful child in Adonai Yeshua, to remind you of my walk in Mashiach Yeshua, which is the same as I preach everywhere in every church.

Some among you seem to think that I am never again going to visit you, and they have, therefore, become puffed up. But I am coming to you again, and that very soon, Elohim willing. Then I shall find out, not so much what these conceited ones say, as what they can do. For Elohei’s Kingdom does not consist of mere words, but of deeds to match them. What is it you wish? Would you rather see me come with a stick in hand, or with a loving, gentle spirit?



No comments:

Post a Comment