Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, February 14, 2019

BABY CHEMO BEANIES/Pattern & CREMAINS TRANSFERS


It is sad to even think that hats like these are needed … but, that is the world we live in :-(

So, not familiar with such things I did an internet search and found this pattern (https://dabblesandbabbles.com/crochet-caps-for-a-cause/), and worked up several beanies in various colors before calling it a night and heading off to bed last night: I wanted to get to bed early so I would be awake and alert anticipating a call from my older sister, whom I have never met, but am anxious to get to know :-)


This afternoon, after talking with Iris for about 2 hours – enjoyable hours – I received unexpected attention from 3 of my husband’s siblings (total surprises!); a call from his youngest sister Rosie wishing me a happy Valentine’s Day, a call from his youngest brother Kerry, wishing me a happy Valentine’s Day, and an impromptu visit from his younger sister Merry bearing Valentine gifts, and an offer to help me transfer Bob’s cremains from the plastic funeral case into the wooden Cremains box his middle sister Bonnie helped me choose December 14th, 2018 while making funeral arrangements (http://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2018/12/widowhood.html). After all the attention from his siblings today, I am going to have to revise my assessments of them. Bob would be pleased to know that they actually thought of me today and reached out to embrace and help me today; he wanted his death to bring about familial harmony - and her verbalized that thought: maybe today is a small step towards that goal.

I am glad Merry stopped by and offered to help because I do not believe I could have done this alone … and the memory she shared made me laugh and that was good medicine much needed today of all days celebrating love and lovers – and my lover gone and love now a thing of the past:

I am keeping 1 Urn for myself to keep on my bedside table – it will be buried with my cremains when my name is called up yonder.

Tonight I am working on Preemie hospital hats - these things are very small and work up very quickly. I will post the pattern when I get them all completed ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment