Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, February 2, 2018

LIVER BAKED w-ONIONS & HERBS

Being iron deficient and very anemic, I need the iron liver supplies. My husband, bless him, has little choice but it eat it occasionally as I am the chief cook and what I cook is what we eat that day ;- ) I don’t make it as often as I should because no one else in the family really likes it. However, this recipe has changed Hub’s opinion of cooked liver – the chili sauce does wonders to improve the flavor and mask the heavy musky liver odor. Hubs has even said I could repeat this recipe as often as I like, LOL, but I’m thinking more than quarterly would not be wise ;-)

I used my electric skillet to bake this liver and it turned out fine. Nice and tender.

LIVER BAKED w-ONIONS & HERBS ~ Serves 6

Fried Liver finished - the onions got a little too done because I was sidelined and sidetracked, but it tasted fine.

1 large Onion, sliced into rings * 2 TBSP melted Butter * ¼ cup HOT Water * 6 slices Liver, cut ½” thick (calf, veal, or beef) * 2 TBSP Flour * Salt and pepper to taste * 1 TBSP chopped parsley * 2 teaspoon Thyme * 2 TBSP thick Chili Sauce * 1 TBSP Brown Sugar * 2 TBSP Butter

Running low on the herbs I grew and dried years ago ... time to replant and restock.
This is all I have left of the homegrown PARSLEY too.
I am lactose intolerant and this is an excellent butter substitute that can be used in any recipe – stir-fry, melted, basted, baked, ect.

Place onions in oven pan, pour over it butter and water. Cover Bake for 30 minutes and bake in moderate 350-degree oven. Dredge liver in flour; arrange over onions, sprinkle with parsley and thyme and dot with blended chili sauce, sugar, and butter. Bake covered for 30 minutes.


Fried Liver with Chili Sauce and Onions

No comments:

Post a Comment