Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, November 30, 2017

BLUEBERRY-PECAN FEATHER PANCAKES

I woke up this morning itching to do something (activity helps me think through difficult situations), so I decided to make fancy pancakes – I don’t eat them because my body doesn’t process nuts well no matter how finely they are crushed, but the king of our castle does; and the process of making them will help me process yesterday’s complications.

So … I gathered the ingredients and set to work. The pancakes are good without the added berries and buts, but I wanted something festive for the holiday season. I chose pecans and homegrown blueberries. My fella tells me these pancakes are YUMMY! And I believe him ;-)

This recipe is a good pancake recipe. It makes a nice puffy pancake instead of those thin flat ones. If you prefer thin pancakes, just omit the baking powder when following the recipe ;-)

BLUEBERRY-PECAN FEATHER PANCAKES (about 10 pancakes)

2 cups all-purpose Flour – 2 TBSP. Baking Powder – 2 TBSP granulated white Sugar – 1 teaspoon Sea Salt – 2 eggs – 2 cups milk – 4 TBSP. cooking Oil – 1 cup fresh or frozen Blueberries (thawed and well drained) – ½ cup crushed nuts (I used Pecans, but you can use any type of nut)


Heat griddle to 325-degrees. To test griddle for correct temperature before dropping pancake mix, sprinkle lightly with a few drops of water – if the drops bubble and dance across the surface, the heat is just right.

Beat eggs with hand beater until light and fluffy; beat in remaining ingredients – just ‘til smooth. Don’t overbeat or you will have rubber pancakes instead of fluffy ones. Add blueberries and nuts. Grease heated griddle if necessary.

Pour about1/4 cup of batter from a measuring cup, or from a pitcher onto the hot griddle. Cook pancakes until puffed, golden brown, and dry around the edges. Turn and cook other side until golden brown. To keep pancakes hot, stack them on a hot plate with paper towels in between; place on a cookie sheet in a 250-degree oven or in a warming oven until ready to serve.


Break out the butter and syrup and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment