Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, April 16, 2022

ADNA FLORAL SALE ~2022

After I got from my Lexington Coffee Hour, this afternoon (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2022/04/friday-encouragmentsshabbat-blessings.html); I was – by sight – encouraged by the disappearing snow on the surrounding hillsides … so I checked the weather forecast for the rest of this afternoon – and decided to drive to Adna, after all 😊

Forecast appears favorable for travel northward ...
Aiming to accomplish my annual Adna Goal!
A little late in the day ... but I think I can work the 'time crunch’ πŸ˜Š

There was some traffic delay along the route because of storm damage that needed to be cleared; but on the whole, the drive was pretty carefree and smooth going.

As I passed Evaline, I decided to take the Pleasant Valley Road because it would get me where I needed to be quicker – and time was of the essence. I wanted to get there … and get back home … asap.

Decided to drive Pleasant Valley Road to Adna.
No GPS - no Cell services; I know the route, though :-)
No evidence of snow anywhere along the roadway.

I arrived, and had just pushed my cart into the tented area – when the sky cut loose with a thundering hail storm.

I didn’t waste anytime fooling around. I quickly scouted out the tomato and onion transplant’s I wanted; snagged two pretty petunia plants, a fuchia start, and a ferny trailing parrot’s peak plant for a hanging basket. And I grabbed two vintage ceramic planters to add a bit of color and charm to the house.

As I was paying for my purchases, the fellas working there (that know me because I am a faithful customer) told me to be careful getting home on the freeway. I said, “I’m going home the backroads; I avoid the freeway every chance I get to go around it. I prefer the backroads.” The guys echoed each other with, “Good girl!” Backroads may be dicey in foul weather, but in the type of weather we’ve been having, the freeway floods between Chehalis and Napavine’s I-5 corridor (I would be driving Napavine’s backroad to Vader, so I’d be relatively safe – if tree limb debris was cleared).

The hail backed off enough to allow me to stash my goodies on the front passenger side of the Highlander, before it started freefalling again: the hail was so much larger than usual, that it backed up on the windshield when I flicked the wipers on. And falling with such ferocity, that trying to keep the windshield clear was practically a wasted effort. I sat for a bit – then decided to go home through Napavine; it wouldn’t be that much longer, and the road to Napavine would be wider than the skinny Pleasant Valley country road.

If Bob was watching me from his lofty cloud perch, I’ll bet he was plenty surprised to see how quickly I got my shopping done πŸ˜‰

I arrived; so did the soybean-sized hail.
Quick grabs, and OUT of there!
Goodies stashed on passenger side of car; I bought so little, it all fit comfortably.
Rain, sleet, and hail means a homeward trek via Napavine.
Safe passage, & I'll bet Bob was surprised at how fast I accomplished my goal πŸ˜‰

But there’s just me now … I have to think/act differently, now that my backup man is noticeably and permanently gone.

Driving through Lexington, I glimpsed the hills on the opposite side of the Cowlitz River; so, I pulled over, and zoomed in a photo shot to kinda gauge the accumulated snowfall. The dusted hills appeared to be encouraging for travel – but that could change overnight: tomorrow’s afternoon and evening forecast will be the deciding factor.

I filled the gas tank (only a quarter down)just in case’ there’s a possibility Elohim gives me the green light to drive to Vancouver, tomorrow. I’m not going to be stupid about it and go off half-cocked, but I will pray about it, and keep myself open to the possibility. I am not Bob. I do not have Bob’s knowledge about snowy hillsides and high-altitude road travel.

But I do have a God that loves me, and protects me from ignorant harm πŸ˜‰

Elohim gave His ALL for me: through Yeshua’s redemption, Elohei owns me (willingly, through my freewill choice). And I’m so happy to belong to Him as joint-heir with His Son - my Lord God, Advocate Savior, and Faithful Husband!

S.M. Lockridge – ‘It’s Friday, But Sunday’s Coming’ message: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYVZKdK1pgU

If he says ‘go’ – I go; if he says ‘stay’ – I stay. I won’t know until tomorrow what I’ll be doing; and I probably won’t know until the last possible moment needed to get ready to get to the Seder on time, if I will be attending.

Pulled over in Lexington, to check out the hillside across the way; snowy view looks encouraging.
Gas price dropped another 2-cents from yesterday's cost.

When I got home, I watered the plants and set them in front of a sunny window (moving them back from the chill of the window glass, in the evening).

Plants watered.
Placed in carboard boxes protected with plastic bags.
And placed in a sunny window.
Full moon on the rise.
L'Chiam!

No comments:

Post a Comment