Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

ORANGE YOGURT SCONES Recipe


Squawking geese are flying south over the house and it is a chill 32 degrees outside, so I flicked the fireplace on for atmospheric warmth:

I probably should not be using this electric fireplace until I know for sure how the finances are, but I have been good with the $'s so far and I don’t think – I hope anyway! – that it will cost too much to use it for a little bit.

And I have a hankering for stew for Supper … which put me in the mood for these delicious tasting scones :-D


This recipe comes from Ann Holmberg, owner of the Country ranch B & B in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. It is a delicious breakfast bread, but I eat it with savory winter stews as I find the citrus flavors of the tasty bread blend well with the hearty spice & herbal flavored stews I enjoy ;-)

I use real fresh squeezed orange juice I do myself, and fresh grated orange peel I grate myself. From start to finish with this recipe, the house smells wonderful!

ORANGE YOGURT SCONES Recipe ~ Makes 8 servings

2 cups all-purpose Flour * 1/3 cup + 2 teaspoons Sugar * 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder * 1/4 teaspoon EA Baking Soda & Salt * 3 Tablespoons cold Butter or margarine * 1 carton (6-oz, or about 2/3 cup) orange or lemon flavored Yogurt * 2 teaspoons grated Orange Peel * ¼ cup Orange Juice

In a bowl or food processor, mix or whirl together the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt:


Cut in or whirl in butter until mixture forms fine crumbs. Mix yogurt, peel, and juice; add to flour mixture and stir just until evenly moistened:


Remove dough from bowl and mound dough on an oiled 12 x 15-inch baking sheet (I used a round deep sided broiler pan). With well-floured hands, pat mound into an even 9-inch round:


With a floured knife, cut through dough to make 8 wedges; leave in place on sheet. Sprinkle with remaining sugar:


Bake in a 375-degree oven until scones are golden brown – about 25 minutes. Serve hot, or slide onto a rack and let cool until warm. Cut into wedges:



Per serving: 221 calories 22% (49 calories from fat); 4.2 g protein; 5.4 g fat (2.9 g saturated fat); 39 g carbohydrate; 529 mg sodium; 12 mg cholesterol

No comments:

Post a Comment