Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

DIFFERENT vs FALSE

I went to Keenager’s again this afternoon. And again, the fellowship was a blessing and the sermonette timely ;-)

From start to finish the afternoon’s message was how to glorify Elohei in times of adversity – whether that adversity comes in a form of coming to grips with death (as shared in the Mission Moments update), or being wise in discernment: necessity of this necessity shared also in Mission Moments update and sermonette (1 Timothy 1:3-7) … both can lead to spiritual death if we are not paying attention to our walk of faith in/with Yeshua. As we are all Seniors, it is of the upmost importance to KNOW WHERE we will end up when our life here on earth is up. I know where I will be when my number is called, and I am pretty sure that I will hear what my beloved husband heard when he entered those Pearly Gates up yonder: but many do not. It is vital that Christians, especially aging Christians, stop fooling around and get busy getting about the business of their Father. To remain complacent is to die – figuratively, spiritually, and physically.

1 Timothy 1:3-7 “When I was setting out for Macedonia I begged you to stay behind in Ephesus. And I still urge you to remain there so that you may warn those who are teaching false doctrines there. They should be asked to stop paying attention to myths ad endless pedigrees (genealogies), both of which lead to controversy. They should rather teach Elohei’s Plan, which is by faith. The aim of your instruction should be love, a love that issues from a pure heart, a good conscience and a sincere faith. There are some who have missed this mark by turning aside to nonsensical discussions. Some, indeed, pose as teachers of the Law, when in reality they neither understand the words they use, nor the things they affirm strongly.”

I really liked the way Andrew Nguyen explained that “different Gospel” does not mean “false doctrine”. A different Gospel so closely parallels the original Gospel; yet it is slightly askew – just close enough and sounding so right – that it will lead people astray as effectively as false doctrine. Only those walking closely with Yeshua will know that there is something “not quite right” with what they are hearing.

The songs chosen for the message were also good :-D I had not heard “Footprints of Jesus” before today, but I like it:





No comments:

Post a Comment