Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

IT COMES IN THREES …


I have always heard that trouble comes in three’s; well, I got my third trouble this morning and I am hoping now that things will start to settle down on the home front.

Since I came home, to live alone, December 14th, 2018, there has constantly been something happening with the house! First there was the shower door misalignment (http://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2018/12/peace-like-river.html); ceiling cracks (http://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/01/when-it-rains-here-it-pours.html & http://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/01/jehovah-jira-my-provider.html), and this morning … a toilet malfunction in the master bathroom (!) which BIL Kerry came and fixed this afternoon:

Apparently the slo-flow tank feature is worn and started to stick, not allowing the tank water to automatically refill significantly enough for a proper flush; hopefully that has now been rectified and the issue resolved. PLEASE GOD! I need a break.

These are “the three”, so I am hoping that Lucifer will beat feet and leave me be now >:-P

These kinds of ‘man-things’ is why some women rush into a second marriage after their spouse dies. I refuse to jump.

And I sincerely hope that the S.O.S. calls to family, and family friends, fizzles from once a week to once every couple of months over the coming months. I am a quick study and really do know how to take care of myself – but these type of ‘man-things’ were undertaken by MY man until the stupid and unnecessary August fiasco that ended with his death last month. My husband spoiled me and did all the ‘man-things’ when necessary; and I generally stayed out of his way unless required to hand him a wrench or a screwdriver. I wish now that I would have been more observant and a little more hands-on at those times. For times like those mentioned above.

Learning to fly solo will take time … and I have a lot to learn. But, if other women can do it; I CAN TOO. And I will. With time; and a lot of patience on my teaching helpers’ ends ;-)

Help me Yeshua.

Help my teaching helpers.

Onto another topic – or 2 ;-) I did squeeze the last of the Clementine tangerines I bought at Christmas time, and froze the pulpy juice for future meals that call for orange juice as an ingredient:


And I need to get the Angel Wing Begonia clippings potted soon – they have a pretty good root system going on and need to be potted. I will sell these later on, after they bush out a bit …

Internet picture of what the flowers will look like once the plants get mature enough to produce them
My Angel Wing Begonia growing and thriving – it should put out flowers this year :-D

It is c.o.l.d. and gray skied here today:


And the chilling rain has begun; so I bumped the heat up to 74-degrees. It is the first time I have had to raise the heat above 70-degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment