Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, August 18, 2022

HAPPENING DAY

My Thursday Jam Session was happening tonight – and I was invited to an early Supper beforehand 😊

The get-togethers are casual, as well as productive and fun-filled hours. I dressed low-key.

I also drove into town to grab a coffee … and happened to be thinking on a songwhen it burst forth on the airwaves 😉

‘Iron Man’ song:

Earlier this week someone had mentioned it; and I have been hearing it every summer since 1973, when I first heard it. I like it, and can name it on the first riff. It made me laugh to hear it as I was thinking on it.

I was still laughing about the dovetailing when I arrived at my Spruce Creek destination.

Lynn made spaghetti (yum!), followed by homemade carrot cake (double yum!!); then we got down to the business of why we were there: making music 😊

I can't play an instrument, and I don’t sing … but I can brainstorm, and I can be a sideline cheerleader 😉

But before the dishes were cleared and instruments appeared – GG barged in and slapped a binder of sheet music down with a show of emotional venting, before storming out again. There had been a rift in the group a few weeks ago between her and JR, and tonight the split was finalized. Her voice will be missed – but not her tempestuous ego.

She’ll never own her shortcomings; and we’re all done with her showboating.

A good 3 hours was put in after the door slammed after her departure; and we all headed for our homes feeling encouraged, uplifted, and satisfied with the unfolding happening of musical talent, and friendly cohesiveness.

As I neared Heron Point, I saw a strange occurrence in the sky: a slip of a rainbow hovering vertically, with no discernable top of bottom – and no bowing effect at all. Very weird. I’ve never seen anything like it … and I’ve never seen any sign of a rainbow in a dry sky: I always assumed rainbows appear after a significant rainfall.

This was a happening of a different sort 😉

And as I learned when I researched the weird thing … it’s rare, but not as strange as it appears. My pictures are not very clear because the strange rainbow was faint in the evening sky:

A rainbow without rainfall! An atmospheric phenomenon that occurs when sunlight passes through unseen ice crystals in upper strata levels - even in the summer - in just the right way that highlights the colors of the rainbow made visible to the naked eye.

Tonight, I am working on a pattern rewrite: fingering yarn isn’t available here (only Baby Sport Yarn) since the covid madness pretty much destroyed businesses and catapulted the USA into a recession: novelty things have basically dried up. I’ll make a drive to Hobby Lobby at some point and see if they carry a lighter weight yarn (I prefer fingering weight when knitting this particular pattern – Anne Geddes Baby Yarn would be perfect, but the JoAnn Store here, no longer stocks it); but for now, I’m working out/writing out a pattern to fit the slightly heavier baby yarn.

Sock weight yarn, which is a type of fingering weight yarn, is waaay too expensive to use for this pattern (half the skein of yarn for double the price). So, a rewrite is needed if I want to continue knitting this little baby clothing item.

I do 😊

I’m working on a pattern revision ... sports yarn is thicker than fingering yarn – a rewrite is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment