Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, September 1, 2022

3 RIVERS FRIENDS

The day started out sunny and bright … and continued into the night 😊

The temperatures were perfect to spend the entire afternoon at Willow Grove for the last day of August – so, I dressed casual/packed a light lunch/grabbed a new novel to read: and off I went.

The Doors – ‘Summer’s Almost Gone’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRGm2JrsXAg)

My Wedding Anniversary date (the 27th), and Bob’s BD date (yesterday) were all part of last week. Last week was a hard time. I wanted to bask in sunny vibes today.

I’m thinking this will be the last time I wear this sleeveless top. It's loose and comfy. It's denim; I like it … it does not like me. I look like I’m advertising a 1950’s maternity top!

Willow Grove really wasn’t that busy on the hiking trail end (the fishing and boating end was pretty full, though)and I was thankful. Like I mentioned in the sentence above, I wanted to enjoy a peaceful sunny day watching the river flow. Less people on the hiking end meant less chance of some dumb ass drowning themselves by playing chicken with the dangerous waves kicked up by passing ships or recreational water toys.

I was surprised to see this ship still hanging around; it passed me yesterday while I drove along Ocean Beach Highway; NYKLine Hermes Leader; a Vehicles Carrier, enroute to the Port of Vancouver - United States (USA). Currently sailing under the flag of Bahamas.
There were 2 more ships anchored off Willow Grove: Ship 'Castlegate'; is a Bulk Carrier, enroute to the Port of Vancouver, USA - and currently sailing under the flag of Liberia, & Ship 'African Leopard' is enroute to KALAMA WA USA; a Bulk Carrier currently sailing under the flag of Panama.
This book is very b.o.r.i.n.g; the storyline is pathetic, and it d...r...a...g...s... from page to page.
The Columbia River was active today with several recreation vehicles, as well as passing ships.

I hiked the trail twice: once before lunch, and once after lunch (and before heading home).

I watched river traffic.

I watched a couple beachcomber couples walking the upper end of the beach sand.

I struggled through a few chapters of the new read I grabbed off the top of my book cache stack … and I’m not sure I’ll finish the book: it’s awfully boring. I haven’t decided if Kathrine Hepburn’s life was really that boorish – or if the author was a total drip; all I know is the book is hard to get through; page after tedious page Thank the Lord, I didn’t pay full price for it!

When I couldn’t force myself to struggle through one more page, I’d watch the river – and contemplate river nuances, and metaphors πŸ˜‰

Bob Dylan – ‘Watching the River Flow’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9slpbmSGNns)

Billy Joel – ‘River of Dreams’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vPv3x9lTO8)

Joe Cocker – ‘Many Rivers to Cross’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1cRd1Gn9XI)

Collective Soul – ‘To Where the River Flows’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdm842CZNRc)

During one such contemplation; my thoughts were redirected, and lured to the three-rivers-region of Kelso. I decided to call it ‘a day’ at Willow grove (my face and arms had been sufficiently burned anyway πŸ˜‰); go home and shower/change clothes, and then spend some time with friends in Kelso.

3 RIVERS JUNCTION at Kelso-WA

My regular coffee shack was closed … and so was it’s ‘sister shack’ downtown; so in desperation, I pulled in at the only coffee shack still open. My daughter and granddaughter like this brand of coffee, so I thought I’d give it a whirl. I will not be wasting $ on it again! The coffee flavoring is very limited (no caramel, no pumpkin spice, no French vanilla … ), and it tasted acridly bitter and strongly burnt – I know it wasn’t burnt because I watched the girl prepare it fresh (I was able to get ‘regular vanilla’). But it really was awful. Maybe it’s made with chicory roots.

The only Coffee shack open tonight.
It was a busy place for such HORRIBLE coffee! It tasted like it had been on the back burner all day long. YUK.

Aside from the coffee, I thoroughly enjoyed my evening 😊

There will definitely be repeat trips across the boundary line in weeks ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Val, say it isn't so. I love your denim shirt. I'm fluffy and I like loose shirts I'm top heavy, LOL. Sounds like you had a good day at 3 rivers. I can't walk long because of fibromyalgia and balance issues it sure seems like a nice place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... I'm top-heavy, too; that's why I like loose tops ;-) But this one really looks alike a materinty top on me, so I'm not sure I'll be keeping it in my clothes cache.

      Willow Grove is a nice place to walk :-)

      Delete