Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

ATTITUDE OF POSITIVE EXPECATION

The months are getting longer, but the days are getting shorter.

The shorter days are getting cooler.

Fall is arriving – tomorrow is actually the First Day of Fall.

So, this morning while drinking my morning coffee, I ran a list of things through my thoughts that have to get done before frost arrives; last year Jack Frost came early, and I’m hoping to outwit him this year 😉

It’s a tight-rope walk. The nights are definitely cooling down – but the afternoons are still quite warm (mid-70’s to upper 80’s). So, while drinking my coffee and contemplating what needs doing, I decided to wash the spotty dust off the car: surprise rainfall at surprising locales on my drives had pitted the dusty residue (from dusty gravel driveways) on the Highlander. It needed washing. I may be able to get another washing in … but if sneaky Jack decides to repeat what he did last year, at least the car got washed today; before frosty weather makes it dangerous to do so until warmer Spring days.

After that task was completed, I hauled the garbage bins back from the pick-up curb. I also took the pruning shears out of the shed and gave the decorative maple tree out front a trim; new-growth-limb suckers were looking unattractive – and overhanging limbs were seriously overstretching the curbside. All that needed to be cut back. I took out some dead limbs, too: and ended up promptly filling the emptied garbage bin half full, again. Oh well …

Then, I gathered all my potted geraniums off the front porch and trimmed those back so they fit nicely into their overwintering bins placed in the carport breezeway. I transplanted the trimmings and set them in a livingroom window, so I have ‘spares’ if some of my potted plants die (some do, no matter how safely they are stored); some of the original red flowering stock is 29 years old; the fancier strains are somewhere around 10 years old: nothing lasts forever – eventually things need to be replaced with younger stuff 😉

After placing the transplants in the window bin, I noticed that one of my cactuses have blossomed! It’s early, but it’s nice to see 😊

Geranium transplants.
Early-blossoming White Christmas Cactus.

Tonight, is the night I drive across the boundary line, and spend time with my Kelso friends – I was pushing it timewise: I had just enough time to wash the dirt out from under my fingernails (the polish was ruined, and no time to fix that), and wash/dry my hair, before I had to rush out of the house and across town.

I like spending time with these new friends … and there’s space for them in my life because I am currently rearranging some things in my life. And that’s okay. Life is always changing course, and we have to go with the flow: things change, people changelife goes on.

Different Depths of Love Post:

It was a busy day today.

It was a day rife with an attitude of positive expectations.

It was a day of satisfied accomplishment, and self-encouragement, that feeds hope for this new life of mine.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you were busy. I live in an appointment and I'm responsible for like a 4x7 area outside in front of my living room window. I don't have any luck with plants, I kill them. However, my rio " Bernadette " has been going on 3 years now. I brought her inside now.

    ReplyDelete