Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

FACING THE FILTER BEAST


Today while sweeping the plaster dust that is still floating through the air and collecting on the dark wood floor making breathing difficult for me when it is stirred up – as it is when I walk across the floor a thousand times a day, I noticed also that the dust bunny population was proliferating: time to change the heater filter.

Which was a big problem:


But …

There was no way to get around changing that filter.

There was also no way of getting around that the responsibility for switching it out was up to me – I can’t keep calling Kerry away from his Mt. St. Helen’s mountain retreat, or Alex up from his home in Salem, OR to come do it for me every other month when it needs doing.

So.

I tried to remember what Bob showed we since we moved in here 20 months ago, and what Kerry and Alex have shown me since Bob stepped off this planet in December 2018. I took a deep breath and bit the bullet, praying to Elohim that if I got the panel pulled down, I could fit it back into it's niche and secure it without too much trauma drama:

Dust bunny multiplier - I think the filter wasso packed with plaster dust too. It NEEDED cleaning. This filter was just changed out in February and should be good for 3 months before switching it out again ... Alex did it for me.
I called Alex at one point during the solo process ... the filter wasn’t quite snug against the lower edge of the panel no matter how much I shoved and prodded it in that direction, so I called Alex to ask if it was snug enough. It was. Thank YOU Yeshua for helping me do this without stress or tears.
SUCCESS! Bob would be proud of me :-D One thing he did say to me before he was shifted to OHSU and we were facing the possibility of his death, was, “Baby, I know you can do whatever you set your mind to do: you may kick it around for a while trying to decide how to get it done, but once your mind is made up, it is as good as done.” He always did have faith in me. He always encouraged me with his optimism.

Walking back to the livingroom after that dreaded chore was successfully completed, I notice a red headed visitor to the feeder Bob built for me a few years ago …

Purple Finch couple. They are happy to have feed in the feeder again.

Noting that everything was fine with my corner of the world today, I settled into my recliner and contentedly wove in/tied off the end piece of yarn on the Pink and Purple Lapghan I edged last night at Craft Meet. And into the donation bag it went.


Tonight I will work on a variegated blue shoulder wrap that will join the laid away lapghan later this week.

I can’t stand to have idle hands ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment