Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

WILD THINGS

I had planned on spending time with friends at Oak Point this afternoon, but as I was finishing up my makeup, I got a phone call – David was driving to the Beach to pick up a fish order and was wondering if I’d like to join him: (((YES!))) and thank you 😊

D: “Hey, what’cha doing?”

Me: “Getting ready to drive out to Oak Point; why?”

D: “Is that something you can change? I have to drive to the beach, and I could use some company; wanna come along?”

M: “Sure … I could do that – a drive to the beach sounds fine.”

D: “Okay; see you in a few minutes.”

I had been hoping to get to the beach before the weather turns, and this call was a golden opportunity. I had time to get my hair done before the doorbell rang.

Pink & glittery, from head to toe.

My new friends out at Oak Point would just have to understand when I explain about today’s no-show.

When David picked me up, he jokingly teased, “Aren’t you ever home?” And I replied with a smile, “Not if I can help it” (I have every day of the week booked with out-of-house activities) 😊

I asked him to drop by Pam’s house so I could give her the salad greens she would be making supper salad with – I was supposed to go out there around 1’noon to visit and stay for a fried chicken supper with her and her family, but since I didn’t think I’d be back from the Beach by 1 PM, I needed to tell her that. David drove out there, and Pam understood.

Ilwaco from Longview; 1 hr 21 min (66.2 mi) via US-30 W
Fish Wholesaler at Ilwaco Landing.
I had no idea tuna were big, fat, fish!
I was curious about the long, skinny fin ... so I went online at home to see what it looks like when it's not frozen solid.
Underwater Tuna:

We did the loop drive (going in the back way, and coming back home driving the scenic highway way) past houses, side roads, restaurants, ect. … we did mental kickbacks, and shared our separate memories about spending time at each place; these are milestones in our lives – the crazy wild time of youthful teen years spent at the Beach, and in all the little hamlet towns in between: people we knew lived in the houses/grew up in those houses, and got married in those houses – and we played ‘remember’? Stopping for a sandwich in Longbeach, David pointed to a building across the street with fancy-stained glass windows, and said, ‘That used to be a pretty nice restaurant; now it’s a Hotel’. When we drove past Doug and Steve’s Grandma’s old house in Graysriver, I asked David if he ever sees anyone from our old crowd, he said, ‘I saw so and so recently, and my son works with them now’: I told him that ‘Bob’s niece’s ex-boyfriend’s father is married to so and so … so, in a half-assed way, Bob’s sister and her daughter is kinda-sorta related to so and so’. Leaving Graysriver, we reminisced about his Aunt Susie’s property on Fossil Creek Road – I remembered David married his first wife, Marla (my best friend as long as she walked this Earth; our kid’s grew up together – and later when she had her second son, my granddaughter spent time with him when she came to visit. I miss her ), in his Aunt’s house (Bob and I went to the wedding); David told me about all the summer’s he would spend there while growing up. He said that Graysriver is his happy place – it holds a lot of good memories for him; and I told him that I feel the same way (I make the drive from here to there every week, as long as weather permits and the KM is not sliding).

We got back to Longview a little past 1 PM, so I could still drive out to Pam’s and enjoy time spent in the country with good friends 😊

David and Pam & Frank are friends from my youth and teen years. They were quick to circle the wagons around me after Bob’s graduation to heaven: and they stuck. Spending time with either (today, I got both!) is a blessing. I’m glad Elohim made time for both today.

And I got to experience a bit of wild life during the beach trip (frozen tuna and youthful memories), and again, out Cold Creek after Supper 😉

While chatting on the patio with Pam and the guys, a doe and her yearling fawn dropped in for a quick bite, too 😊

Mama doe and this year's youth, keeping the grass trimmed.
Always lending an ear to perceiving danger.

And, while watering my thirsty outside plants after I got home … I spotted my furry friend, trying to blend in with the neighbor’s sideline fence.

Another visit by my furry friend; home.
Rabbit! Post:

Today was a good day 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment