Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, May 7, 2023

SOUTH DAKOTA, MINNESOTA, IOWA, & MISSOURI

Before we left Longview-WA, Holland had a fancy GPS system put in the truck dash … and it has some serious issues.

It's wrong 98% of the time!

This particular day we wasted 500 miles before we realized we were on the wrong interstate (why were we in Minnesota?) and reset the route we wanted - only to have GPS take over, and defiantly reroute our chosen route (she kept aiming us towards Minneapolis - wrong direction).

It was very frustrating.

We found we were consulting the paper Road Atlas more than we were that fancy GPS that cost a king's ransom to purchase and install.

Watching semi's struggle to keep their trailers upright as they drove side-heavy down the freeway, we also came to the understanding of why everyone who hauls RV's avoid the upper Midwest States; UNRELENTING HIGH WINDS.

We stopped to let Bleu out to do his thing … and the wind caught the open truck door, practically jerking me out of the cab: I was afraid Bleu would blow away!

I definitely want to go back to Missouri - to the Jesse James House & Museum; we were traveling so quick to make West Virginia, that we didn't have time to dink around sight-seeing: but I told Holland I definitely want us to make time to go back and visit this historical thing - makers and shakers of the Old West intrigue me.

GPS seriously lost us precious time …
GPS took us waaay out of the way; we need to redirect using the paper Road Atlas.
We would punch in the route we wanted - and GPS would reroute. We finally shut it off.
I'm glad we are doing this. I'm glad we are traveling States that appreciate life and honor Elohim.
I LIKE!
Blue skies & terraced fields. Terraced crop fields; interesting. I know the Aztecs terraced their land for planting, but I didn't know it was happening in American farmlands.
Windmills were everywhere …
HIGH WINDS; I was afraid to walk the dog, for fear he's be swept away.
This doesn't look very threatening, BUT … the wind gusts nearly ripped the door off the truck when I opened the door.
We'll probably NEVER bring the 5th Wheel this way; TOO WINDY.
Iowa high winds advisory.
Bleu ignored everyone and everything, with a puppy nap. LOL
I am officially in the South - Missouri to be specific - with south leanings.
Jesse James House & Museum - NEED TO VISIT!
Janis came to mind as we drove through here …
Janis Joplin - 'Get It While You Can' song:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0FlTjvQLgw)
The Missouri River.
We spent the night in Kingdom City, Missouri.

No comments:

Post a Comment