Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, May 7, 2023

MOSES LAKE-WA to BUTTE, MONTANA

Our first night on the road was spent in Moses Lake-WA.

Leaving Longview behind to choke in our dust, Holland drove up the freeway to Highway #12 where we traveled the White Pass Scenic Byway to Naches … and on through towards Spokane-WA. We didn't see any of the beautiful scenery though, because we didn't leave Longview until about 9:30 PM - but, because I have enjoyed this particular stretch of road for most of my life in the PNW, I have it memorized ;-)

We'll travel this way again sometime in the future; in the daytime hours, and I'll get newer pics then of the scenery.

We got all the way to Butte-MT, and had a hard time finding a room for the night, for cash. We did finally manage to get one very late into the evening: we stopped inquiring over the phone, and just drove to the office … over the phone we were told the inn was full; face to face was a different story.

Spent the 1st night 'on the road', at Moses Lake.
Holland says I'm spoiling Bleu. I tell him, "he's a baby - he needs a little spoiling" ;-)
Blue lays at my feet in the truck cab.
Making sure we can legally get our New Home out of West Virginia … YES! Safe :-)
We went thru Ritzville: a region in south eastern Washington characterized by gentle rolling hills. The industry of the Ritzville area is dominated by agricultural dry land production of small cereal grains, primarily wheat and barley; however, other products such as canola, grass seed, livestock and alfalfa hay are also grown.
Carl Jrs. for Supper - a new experience.
Idaho.
Hwy. #2 - from Spokane to Minnesota. My Uncle Don (the baby of my bio-father's family) was a long-hauler - driving from Coast to Coast.
Pretty architecture.
'I could live the rest of my life like this' … AND I AM!
Bleu left a little wee at Big Creek. LOL
Holland does not want to be in snow country - and guess what we passed through: snow ;-)
50,000 Silver Dollars - I remember these from the 1968 trip to Uncle Don's home in Missoula (he had remarried and moved from WA State).
I had told both Bob and Holland about this place, where silver dollars covered every square inch of the building. The building has expanded, and the silver dollars are displayed differently; but this is the same place. Exit 16, I-90, Haugan, MTThe silver dollar collection (more than $50,000) was started by Gerry & Marie Lincoln in 1952. Now in their fourth generation, the Lincoln family continues the silver dollar collection.
Here, I bought 4 necklaces that I can wear with my jeans … no metal on them anywhere.
We finally had time to contact AARP Vehicle Insurance … and ended up canceling AARP because they wouldn't insure our 4x.
We quickly found another Vehicle Insurance provider. Our new Insurance Plan will insure both - the truck, and the 5th Wheel.
Holland likes to move along quickly; he obeys the speed limits but feels constrained by the 55-65-70 limitations … this speed limit made his day: he'd been waiting for it to show up. LOL
My Uncle Don's house was at the base of this 'M' which marks Missoula. This is rattlesnake country.
We did not get to sleep in Missoula-MT; a concert bumped the room rates triple cost.
Cannot get a room in Montana WITH CASH - they insist on using a Credit Card reservation!

I was disappointed to find that Montana is a rhino state :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment