Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, May 7, 2023

BABY MAKES THREE

April 27th, 2023.

That date (following our Wedding January 7th, 2023) is another important milestone to be noted and celebrated: both of these dates changed our lives forever :-)

Today, April 27th, my old life officially ended … and my new life took off in a big way.

It was a very busy day: clearing the house of everything we intended to take with us; fielding phone calls coming in back to back; trying to cinch a profitable deal; and doing our best to ignore the buyer's pushy agent - who has been a major pain in the ass every step of the way.

Texts from WV Chuck about buying a hitch, with the 5th Wheel purchase.
I researched the Lot for a visual reference.
This plant was gifted to me as a baby plantlet, from a friend in Naselle-WA (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2022/06/life-in-slow-lane-traveling.html); it's going into our new home if it survives storage 'til we get back.
Holland is doing all the heavy lifting; he's a real trooper.
The buyer's Agent is an ASS. We have our own stuff to get done.
Answering Shay's text: pushy people annoy the hell out of me, and these people have been VERY pushy. 9 PM - 'on the dot' has just been decided.

The buyer's agent actually came to the house around 6 PM and tried to manhandle us out (of all the nerve!) - I dug my heels in, and told him his clients would have to wait "until 9 PM; we still have stuff to do before locking the door." If he hadn't been such an unmitigated jerk, I'd have been willing to lock up sooner … but because he actually thought that by showing up and trying to force us out would work, I made them all wait until the legal time out. I knew I was being a bitch: but I didn't care; he was being an AH., and needed reining in.

And if his clients suffered, too bad; they're the ones that hired the pushy jerk.

I'm the one that shut him down.

9 PM rolled around. The puppy was loaded into the truck; the door was locked for the last time by me … and finally, we three were on our way.

Leaving Longview behind: ((((THANK YOU, YESHUA!))))

We were going the distance to purchase our new Home. We could have bought the same RV closer to home, but driving the distance would save us thousands of dollars: $72,950 in Ellensburg-WA … $57,995 in Mineral Springs, WV. Going the distance made good, logical sense.

Plus, my loving husband said, "You like long drives - I'm about to make your day, Babe." He's the best!

Pulling out of Heron Pointe, for the last time. YIPPIE!
This is the Name for me that Holland entered into his phone … it's nice being his 'Baby'.
An that's that - into the great wide open. This little guy cost us plenty to get him - and to hit the road with him; but what he adds to our life more than males up for it ;-)
Dixie Chicks - 'Wide Open Spaces' song:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qgt2ODdwEU)
We are heading into a new life - a new future - a new chapter of US.
Dixie Chicks - 'Cowboy Take Me Away' song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkItOtAurDc)
Best laid Plans …

1 comment:

  1. Oh no how awful! I liked virtually traveling with you. Your pup is so precious. I live in Pennsylvania email me through my website if you travel there. If you're nearby I'd love to meet you.
    Thanks bunches for sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friends this month dear friend.

    ReplyDelete