Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, November 5, 2022

JUST BE ~Shabbat End

I have mentioned before that though I observe Shabbat – I do not do so as orthodox or pious people, do.

Today (as was yesterday) was a wet day. We are in full Fall swing; weatherwise ... and witnessing the power of our Creator's might.

Wet Fall Shabbat

Shabbat, to me, is a spiritual balancing of my whole being. I utilize the 24-hour Shabbat space of time to “just be.”

I cook meals if staying in – today I washed a load of laundry, and watered houseplants; I read – sometimes I watch vintage movies; I answer the phone when it pings – the only people in my life are fellow Christians, if they are texting, it is Christ-centered and short: they know I observe Shabbat and spending quality time with Yeshua is 100% of my main focus (both texts today were to ‘bless’ me … and to invite me to a shared luncheon tomorrow afternoon); I breathe in and out – memories are hard this time of year, even though I know where Bob’s soul is.

To sum Shabbat up for me: I spent 24-hours of {downtime} focusing on Elohim’s favor towards me, Yeshua’s love for me, and staying positive with a Faith-filled outlook on the incoming week. The past week was fraught with drama traumas from one thing, or another, and staying positive and Faith-filled is a must to maintain good health … keeping my immune system humming in full throttle, to ward off debilitating illnesses.

Upping my happiness barometer is an act of faith, patience, and steady practice 😉

You can do it too 😊

Not sure where to start? Tell yourself, “everything is in Elohim’s hands; He loves me and wants the best for me. I’m going to be just fine– then smile: repeat as many times as necessary.

Keeping Shabbat is not hard to do. Without any cumbersome rituals, Shabbat can still be a good Day to “just be” 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment