Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, October 16, 2022

WAITING IS A WINNING PROPOSITION

I hate waiting.

Waiting time crawls – I need action in my life. Preferably, immediate action when I send out an SOS

This morning, the waiting game was amped up when the shower doors slid off the rails: tired of waiting (HOURS after the incident) for a response from someone, I decided to assess the situation and figure out how to ‘get ‘er done!’

My earlier post, today, about the shower doors snafu: (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2022/10/things-can-only-get-better-right.html)

I hate waiting.

As I was standing inside the shower stall, eyeballing the track apparatus, and knowing I could actually do this thing … I mean, if it came off; it will go back on as long as nothing is seriously damaged: the phone notified me that I had an incoming text. I read it – and replied; then got busy doing what I was feeling confident enough to do 😊

Good info - but unnecessary now.
I did it!
There was a little damage done when it fell apart; but that's okay. It's minor.

I will admit that I surprised myself in doing it correctly: and to feeling a little amped myself when it all smoothly slid into place.

I whooped (((SHERAH!)))and burst out laughing when Bob’s pet name, {hewoman} echoed through my thoughts. Bob would always tease me with this pet name when I insisted on doing something myself that required both brawn and moxie. Bob was always encouraging my hidden potential. I never felt slighted by what some may consider a slight, and when I heard him say, “Way to go, hewoman” … and follow that up with a laugh and a hug, I basked in his pride of my accomplishment.

Now, if I had waited until tomorrow to call Twin City Glass, I would have missed the knowing that piggy-tailed on the impatience: lesson learned today – waiting is a winning proposition πŸ˜‰

No comments:

Post a Comment