Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, June 5, 2022

PENTECOST CELEBRATION KICKOFF

I had an evening appointment tonight at Oak Point (which would include a night-time drive back home later on); so, tonight would be the ‘testing of the water’s’ occurrence with my new lenses in both my regular eyewear – and my new polarized sunglasses lenses (if needed after sundown).

I was lying in bed this morning (being lazy; it is the weekend, after all 😉), thinking it sure would be nice to have a hot cup of flavored decaf coffee with me for my 6 PM evening event: but the latte shack would be closed at 4 PM. Hmmm … what else would keep me alert, yet allow the sandman to make a successful sleepy-time visit at bedtime?

As I was lolling there, mulling alternative possibilities over in my head; the phone rang. I was being invited for Supper, around 4 PM, with friends. ((((YES!)))) That would allow me time to grab a mug of flavored coffee, eat a meal, and make the 6 PM event 😊

Around 3 PM, as I was checking the weather report, I got a text message asking a raincheck for the Supper planned with friends – we agreed to reschedule: life happens. And there would be a potluck Supper at Oak Point following the special Evening Event; I had to think fast about the coffee situation though.

Checking weather report; and Supper Raincheck agreed to.
Looking forward to a fun evening.

I drove all the way into town to grab one 😉

And still got to my destination – with time to spare 😊

The Pentecost event following Yeshua’s ascension into Heaven is important – and celebrated by Christians, because that wonderful event is when the Christian Church was actually established; the Church was birthed when Elohim sent the Holy Spirit and fulfilled Yeshua’s promise to His Own (those of us who believe He is the Messiah, and take the title Christian).

Tonight, was a time of gathering to acknowledge that wonderous event.

Tonight, was a fun time of festivity with songs, testimonies, meeting new friends (enjoying the company of older friends); and family cohesiveness with a Supper and chit-chat, afterwards.

Pentecost Celebration Kickoff at Oak Point.
Old friends; & new.
Joe was in ICU for lung cancer in the Fall of 2021; doctors told him, he'd never sing again: THEY WERE WRONG.

Tonight, was a {fit} for me.

I like small gatherings.

I like small, country church buildings.

I like unpretentious people in unpretentious places.

I like hearing the organ 😉

I like singing songs that are soothing on the ears, and are not annoyingly repetitive.

I like the openness, the welcoming, the gentleness of country folk.

I like that I fit in this setting, with these people 😊 Not to get lost in the {fitting} … but to be comfortable being me when I am with them.

And I got home safely, too.

GOD IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment