Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, June 3, 2022

HAPPY SHABBAT ~Concerning All Things

Three things of importance happened, today:

As I finished up getting ready to walk out the door, the phone alerted me to an incoming text – and I knew this would be the last time I responded to texts from this source.

It looks like my face got a bit of a sunburn the other day, dinking around in the garden area - note nose area. LOL
Should I stay; or should I go? That is the million-dollar question.
The Clash – ‘Should I Stay or Should I go?’ song:

(1) I'm not sure the Friday mornings in Lexington will work for me ... they're okay people, but I don't feel that I really {fit}; I'm not the "rah-rah!" cheerleader type - never have been & don't want to be. The History of Longview, and the history of the Civil War Era don't interest me enough to stay interested. I'm more of the "in the moment" type of History person.

This morning was my last Friday Lexington drives. I’ll still be friendly with everyone, but it’s time to move on. When you have to scramble for reasons to ‘make it work’ – it’s not the right {fit} for your life.

My last Friday in Lexington; The look of knowing you've made the right decision in a difficult situation ...

Building a New Life is difficult. There are a lot of starts that fizzle out and go up in smoke. I’m still trying to find where I {fit}. It’s a processno apology forthcoming: I have to do what’s best for me. The Lexington get-togethers have been fun, but they aren’t what’s best for me: there’s something lacking. I don’t like aimless loose ends. I don’t feel the need to be around people just for the sake of being around people.

There’s got to be something deeper threaded through the gatherings; and there doesn’t appear to be so. I am continually asked to return, but there is really no reason to – I don’t play games/small talk just to send echoes bouncing off walls bores me/I have nothing to share about my kids or grandkids/I’m not a globe trotter … and no one is interested in hearing about local Daytrip jaunts/covid and shootings are the highlights of convo – and I’m just not interested in wasting breath on either. I’m wasting gas to get there; and wasting time I feel guilty spending there, when it could be used more effectively elsewhere for more profitable purposes.

There is no real, connecting identification, on any level.

Building a New Life is difficult. I don’t want to waste my time in a fruitless atmosphere. Maybe I’m expecting too much – I don’t know. All I know is that I’m not feeling any excitement to be there, anymore; and I come away more drained than when I arrived. Friendship should feel more uplifting, and fulfilling.

(2) My new sunglasses arrived this afternoon. I received the text as I was preparing to drive home from Lexington.

On my way to pick up my new Sunglasses; they are not as dark as I had been promised ... and I had hoped.

The lenses look great in the frame; but the polarization is pretty see-through! That’s disappointing: Bob wore polarized sunglasses, and I don’t recall them ever being see-through lenses – they were more like opaque reflection mirrors. I hope these new lenses deflect the glare from the sun and oncoming headlights. I'll try them out next glaring sunny day - or nighttime drive. I've never had polarized sunglasses, so I'm not sure what to expect: but I did expect DARKER lenses.

They do look nice, though. I like that 😊

The polarized lens' don't appear to be that much darker than the tint on my everyday glasses.

Pros & Cons of Polarized Lenses: https://connectusfund.org/9-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-polarized-lenses

(3) Later on; at home, while balancing my checkbook, I noticed a significant deficit in both checking and savings tallies - so back into town I drove to find out "why", "how", and "who": it was a mystery, and I was thinking someone had stolen my account info and was skimming, leaving me in dire straits if it continued (bills need to be paid next week! I need that lost $$$$!!); I balance the balances every month, just like Bob drilled into my head for 44 years - there should have been NO glitches in either account.

It turned out to be a freak thing, and was quickly sorted by the girl who went over the details with me - she had a sharp eye that caught the snafu 😊 NO FAULT OF MINE – YAY!

The $$$$ has been recovered, and my deficit balance righted, again. HAPPY!

I decided to treat myself with a splurge, and picked up a pizza on the way home.

Shabbat Supper Splurge; Cheese Pizza.

I am thankful for Elohim's presence and faithfulness in my life this week. I am honored to be loved and favored by Yeshua. I am grateful for every single circumstance, and situation I experience: through them I am 'becoming'; and finding out who gets to share space with me as my Tribe is being formed.

Concerning all things - I'm not getting younger: or richer. Time is of the essence for balances to balance ... 😉

L'Chiam!

No comments:

Post a Comment