Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

MOD YELLOW ROSE COFFEE CUFF

I’ve been feeling pretty punk the past three days, but I braved driving into town this morning in the rain, to buy some Nyquil; there wasn’t much in the night bottle – and I’d finished that off last night, after finishing up another 15” baby blanket.

MOD Crcohet Angel Baby Blanket; finished last night.

I managed to drink a cup of morning go juice, polish off a decent breakfast, and finished the book I’d been working my way through since December 28th: it’s a good read, life just kept interrupting 😉

Dressing, I ignored the punky bedraggled image staring back at me from the vanity mirror, and into town I went. I decided to forgo the backroad route because I wanted to get into town, and back home, as quickly as possible.

I was happy to see that the steel plates that had been strewn across Ocean Beach Highway last month, are gone this month 😊

The road is rough patched, but the tire eater plates are absent.

Steel plates gone ... but a significant 'dip' was left behind; Baker's Corner on Ocean Beach Highway.

While in town; I decided to grab a couple skeins of yarn, too, before heading back home. 

Even feeling drained and wrung out, I hate to let wasted hours pass … so, I unwound each skein of yarn (to eliminate tangles) and rolled them into balls for easier usage.

Skeins untangled, and rewound.

And while hail pounded the roofs, I watched a YouTube movie … and designed/crafted a Spring-themed coffee cuff based on a yellow flowering miniature rose bush Bob had bought me 21 years ago, for Valentine’s Day – the potted bush is still thriving, and still pumping out the tiny roses every year 😊

And, the first appearing bud always warms my heart; I noticed last week, that there is new growth showing.

The coffee cuff I worked up today is my own design – combining two patterns I found online: the cuff is at least 13 years old (could be older, I’ve had it a while); and I stumbled upon the rosebud pattern this afternoon. I have not seen another coffee cuff like the one I worked up today; therefore, it is MOD.

Crochet Coffee Cuff Pattern: https://cdn.accentuate.io/4679096008797/12378270040157/Crochet-Pattern-Latte-Cozy-90034AD-v1594159243793.PDF

Crochet Rosebud Pattern: http://www.deborah.ws/tag/free-pattern/

Hail around 2 PM - for about 16 seconds.
It was even raining in the movie I was watching ...
MOD Spring themed Coffee Cuff.
Yellow Mini Rose bush is filling out again.

Bob and I were friends, as well as lovers.

And just as those first yellow rose blossoms promised a new beginning of our life in Longview those two decades ago, the yellow rose blossom I crafted today also signifies a new beginning – in the unfurling of my new life in 2022.

I know whatever 2022 holds for me will be good; because my two husbands (Yeshua my spiritual Husband & Bob, the human Husband I was blessed with) want the best life possible for me … and they are looking down on me, looking out for me, and walking beside me every day 😊

2 comments:

  1. Yellow roses are my favorite flower. Thanks for sharing at My Big Fat Menopausal LIfe's Share the Wealth party. Hope the rest of your week is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and thank you for stopping by :-)

      Have a fantastic week!

      Delete