Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

HOME TURF SHUFFLE ~ Thanksgiving 2020

Well.

This Thanksgiving, will certainly be different than last year’s holiday.

Last year – my 1st Thanksgiving without Bob (or kids underfoot), went well; all things considered:


This year, with the ridiculous covid insanity; and unwelcome physical limitationsThanksgiving 2020 is not going to go so well

BUT!

There is still always something to be thankful for πŸ˜‰

And that is what I am focusing on.

I woke up to the sounds of the rumbling garbage can making its noisy rounds throughout the Park. I drank a cup of ginger-tea, and determined to collect the mail, and pay Space Rent; before hauling the garbage bins back to their places, under the carport.

The walking wouldn’t take more than a few minutes, and I need to be walking: more than just through the house – I need to keep my left leg flexible, the veins in that leg healthy, and retain the muscle I had built with all the hiking I did in 2020.

I needed to get outside. 

Slo-mo-walk to the Park Mail Box, in my section of the neighborhood.
I am not happy about being a member of the old-folks-shufflers that slowly foot-cruise the Park layout. But, for now, ‘it is what it is’.
I made it to the Mail Box Unit without incident: I was thankful.
After I dropped the mail off at the house … I decided to press my limitations, and crip (as in slowly move forward, inch by inch) to the Park Office.
I have to depend on Yeshua to heal my body, so I can utilize it to it’s fullest 64-yo-potential. I refuse to be housebound!
Almost home ... 1-1.2 mins to do everything that needed ‘doing’ outside. I’m not going to fib: this final stretch of the legs was hurtful. Necessary; but definitely pushing things, for the time being.
I have to get back to walking - fluidly. I have plans that require fluid body movement; ALL my body members.
In the carport, I noticed the tire on the wheelbarrow (holding a half bag of garden soil) was low – I had to squat to remove the tip lid, so I could pump air into the tubeless tire; my leg pain was manageable. I thanked Yeshua!

Time for another cup of that inflammation-relieving ginger-tea πŸ˜‰

Then, back to the bedroom to lie down and relax my hip/leg.

I watched a movie … and worked some more on the car cushion cover I am crocheting.

The leg exercise was good. 

I was thankful the pain was manageable.

I need to have my hip and leg in full play come Spring 2021 – that is my goal.

Are you noticing, Babe, that I am learning to be patient?

Tomorrow with be Thanksgiving 2020.

For some it will be a day of fearful hunkering in their cloistered abodes; open harassing family, neighbors, and strangers who are not fueled (or bound) by fearmongering; some will be spying on their neighbors, family, and strangers in their neighborhoods, who do not goose-step to the demonrat regime’s insane politically/expedient mandates. Authorities will be notified, and they will be arrested.

These hatefilled people are not my tribe.

For some it will be a day of open rebellion as they buck the obama-clinton-pelosi-biden-harris cartel’s oppressive mandates … and do all they can to live freely in The Land of The Free; as long as America and Americans are still free.

THESE people are my Tribe.

And while, I personally will be staying home tomorrow, due to a bum leg this year: my thoughts will be with my Tribe – and I will be cheering them on 😊

Thanksgiving is a time of gathering together, to share food, warmth, fellowship, and thanks … for the blessing of love/friendship – nourishment (physical, emotional, spiritual) – the warmth of practical heat, as well as the soul-warming embrace of friendly hospitality; companionship of the family nucleus (intimate, or more broadly implied), as well as community cohesiveness; and, of course, heartfelt gratitude for all the experienced blessings (as well as the blessing we are not yet aware of).

Thanksgiving is a holiday celebration of unity.

Now, more than ever … with all the upheaval that tore at the seams of our Great Nation … The People NEED the comfort that Thanksgiving has always held forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment