Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, September 10, 2020

FIRE IN THE SKY/SMOKE ON THE WATER

Some of my friends and family in Oregon are under evacuation orders … or waiting for the orders to come to their town.

My friend’s town – (the entire town) has been evacuated, and her home may not survive the wildfire. The firefighters have abandoned the wildfire to help rush people to safety.

Where my fiend is.

The wildfire cannot be contained or controlled – plan is to let it burn itself out: people are a 1st priority.

The entire Oregon coast is under a THICK CLOUD of smoke.

Salem, OR – September 8, 2020
Clackamas, OR – a few miles from friend and family.
Tualatin Valley, OR – September 9, 2020
Willamette Falls, OR – September 9, 2020

My friend has found an available hotel to hole up in for 3 days, but it is spendy: all other hotels are filled to capacity with people fleeing the wildfires. I have left her a voice message - so far, have not heard back: she will call when she is able to do so.

This morning, when I saw on FB that East Devils Lake Road in Lincoln City was covered in smoke with poor visibility, and that the fire and hopped US101 near the golf course and spreading damage on the west side of 101 … I called my oldest granddaughter to inquire about her family there: family members are no longer in the area, and they are packed, with irreplaceable vouchers if things come to that; and ready to “GO!” if evacuation orders are issued.

Lincoln City – Hwy 18. September 9, 2020

I spoke with my other granddaughter, yesterday; and asked if they were safe – and did they have somewhere to go if they had to evacuate … I was told they are “okay – and yes, we do”. A few minutes ago, I was informed: “We are prepared.”


I cried when I saw how thick the smoke was in their town, and I told her it was not funny to gaslight Grandma … and we laughed. But I am worried: they refuse to leave their animals behind if they have to flee in a mad rush (2 ferrets, a lizard, and 2 kittens). I am seriously worried – 2 of the kids have asthma, the youngest using a child’s asthma apparatus. I am trying not to feel fear.

Where my KIDS ARE. Literally 5 minutes away from their front door.
Hanging onto this promise ...

I was thinking about all the fires hemming us in, on all sides - from the mountains to the ocean ... to the Columbia between both States; and this song popped into my thoughts. I think a little humor is in order to ease the stress ;-)

Both girls asked me how I am doing. So far, I am okay. It is smokey here at the Park, and visibility is poor as smoke hangs over the Park, and the smell of woodsmoke is pungent. But, for now this bad girl who has kicked up her heels all Spring & Summer, bucking against the Covid restrictions has had her wings clipped by wildfire chaos. I'm hunkered down inside the house - some smoke does creep into the house, no matter how 'locked tight' the windows and doors are; but it is not a major concern. My inhaler is in my pocket if I need it. So far, I have not had to use it.

Red Sun orb in the gray smoke-filled sky above my home.
Color of the sun - if it weren't so tragic, it would be pretty.

((((THANK YOU, YESHUA!)))) that my grandchildren and their families are – for the moment – safe and out of harm’s way! The Lord is faithful, and greatly to be praised! Amen. 

It has been thought by some, that antifa may be behind some of the Oregon fires. I wouldn’t be surprised. I know for a fact that a fire was started in Chinook, WA earlier this summer by a man throwing a firecracker string out his car window – I SAW IT HAPPEN, and the fire quickly escalated in the dry grass and ocean wind.

July 19th, 2020 – Chinook, WA grass fire started from a firecracker.

Most of the fires in Washington state have been deliberately set by anarchists directly connected to terrorist group antifa … which is directly tied to the terrorist black lives matter organization: (https://www.wethegoverned.com/who-are-the-arsonists-setting-rural-fires-in-washington-state/)

When you hear "the entire West Coast is on fire" - BELIEVE IT. There are fires all around us.


People really feel like the world is coming to an end with everything that is happening on the West Coast right now: hopelessness is a real danger, and people cannot think rationally when they feel hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment