Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, September 10, 2020

RELEVANT HARVESTS


Tuesday morning, as soon as I could get outside without upsetting the neighbors with morning activity, I harvested both apple trees and every vegetable that was ripe for the picking.

Yesterday’s morning sky a little after 8 AM: the moon still showing.
AM Harvest.
All the apples, corn and onions are harvested – there’s some stuff still left in the garden, but very little: some zucchini, celery, carrots, and herbs: the beans are sporadic and pretty much played out.

I was in my kitchen from 9 AM to around 10 PM with chopping, slicing, dicing and bagging vegetables for the freezer. But that’s okay … I’ll be enjoying yesterday’s work with my feet comfortably resting, all Winter long 😉

The apples didn’t even get a cursory glance other than the moving of them from the harvest basket to work bowls.

Katrina Cabbage; 2 cups, sliced.
1 cup baggie portions.
I love fresh corn – I will even eat it right off the stalk and shucked 😉 Last year I didn’t get any corn at all. I am very happy with this year’s haul.
The smell of garden grown tomatoes is wonderful! If I don’t grow anything else – tomatoes are ALWAYS grown 😊
This is going to taste so awesome this Winter; and the smell when I open the baggies is going to have me chomping at the bit for Spring’s arrival.
Prepared veggies ready for the freezer.

I had cleaned the kitchen and bagged the garbage, but when I opened the door, my lungs and eyes were assailed with a very strong campfire odor that I recognized immediately as wildfire smoke drifting across the river on the winds from Oregon. My lungs instantly seized up and my heart rate accelerated.

I had been so engrossed in the kitchen, that I hadn’t noticed the smoke settling over the Park: it was thick (visibly white like drifting river fog, and heavy with pungency). I quickly shut the door and set the garbage aside until tomorrow – my garbage is small amounts, now that there is just me.

And, I was exhausted from standing on my feet all day prepping veggies for the freezer. I just called it an early night and shuffled down the hallway to the bedroom.

 From what I could see out of the livingroom windows when I woke up this morning … the morning air was still hazy with wildfire smoke; and from the shrouding and drifting smoke, still as lung seizing pungent.

So, my garden did not get watered.

Instead, I changed plans; and made Apple Pie Filling with some of the apples I harvested Tuesday morning, to put in the freezer for pies later on. Then, I got busy shredding, chopping, and bagging vegetables I didn’t get to Tuesday evening – that staved off the boredom of being housebound.

This card made me laugh. Bob always gave me humorous cards; I was glad to see this
Making Apple Pie Filling for 2 pies.
Pie Filling ready for the freezer.
Wildfire smoke thick again.
Thin sliced apple slices for Winter casserole dishes.
I’m getting encouraging feedback that my Blog & FB posts are helpful; another relevant ‘harvest’.
The kids always tell me that I am irrelevant; I’m glad others find me relevant …

It's good to interact and grow with encouragement.
I'm glad to be of help to others.
Today’s work …

55 days until November 3rd … please Lord! Let us have a break from the rampant insanity that has gripped this Nation.

113 days until this year ends.

Most of this year has been one man-made crisis after another; and hard truths to deal with in my personal life.

AIR QUALITY. 8.30 PM

I will be happy to put 2020 behind me … 

In the meantime, I’m going to relax after my day’s work, and enjoy a few Buffy Saint-Marie songs that speak to me. 

It’s My Way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCvTfhuPiLo

Until It’s Time for You to Go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2DpY_eXPZM

I like Native American music – always have 😉 

I do have Lakota DNA running through my veins; and I was upfront about that when Bob & I started dating.

One of my sisters is married to a giant of a Piute.

And my granddaughter married a Native American 9 months ago: they are considering legally changing their name to reflect a Native American moniker.

I, personally think Native American music is beautiful.

Hauntingly beautiful 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment