Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, May 31, 2020

DEVELOPMENTS


Before I went out Coal Creek this afternoon (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2020/05/if-that-is-key-component.html), I finished threading the hood drawstring through the last of the Baby Sweater Jackets I’ve been knitting up:


I had an enjoyable time for 4 hours; good friends are a treasure ;-)


When I got home, I received a text from Bob’s youngest sister showing how she has had the bird feeder Bob built for her (that is a duplicate of the 1st one he made, for me) refurbished, and perching on a ringed pergola that she can plant a climbing rose at the base of …

Rosie’s refurbished bird feeder, that is now a sided bird house. This Cross Design is Bob’s own design.

Bob would be pleased, I’m sure :-D

Meanwhile birds were gathering and enjoying the bird feeder Bob built for me, hanging here, at the last house we will ever have shared together – 2 things that are tangible and visual reflections of the life I shared with Bob a lifetime ago.

Bob liked watching the birds at the feeder; so do I:

Lesser Goldfinch
Turtledove

I always like seeing turtledoves. My Bazaar Business Name & Logo for years was “2 Turtledoves”. Turtledoves represent enduring love and peace of the deepest kind. Seeing a turtledove reminds me of the blessings of Elohim, and my spirit is immediately soothed.

Seeing those weather stained things Bob lovingly built for me had me thinking of safe ways to clean them up that would not harm the birds that frequent them. As soon as the nesting season is over, I am going to clean the feeder and bird house – they need cleaning.


Tomorrow while I am in town, I am going to pick up some new pots and move these coleus’ and blooming geranium outside …

These are new plants gained in my new life - they have nothing to do with my life with Bob. It's a small step forward . I bought the coleus's last summer, and started the blooming geranium from slips snipped from mother plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment